Monday, November 29, 2010

Kiddo Table & Chairs!!

Cam's brother, Dave, and his wife, Lisa, gave us this table. It was originally used as a coffee table, but it's actually a bit too high for that. So, I thought it would make a perfect children's table! I forgot to take a picture before I started painting, but you get the idea.


Since I had the table I thought I should find some chairs so I could use them for Thanksgiving. I found these being sold on KSL with a table. I thought it was cool that it had a bench too! I talked them into giving me just the chairs, w/o the table, and for half the asking price, I still think they should've sold them for cheaper though, ugh.

Here they are finished, just in time for Thanksgiving!

I tried to antique the table, but I'm obviously not that great at it yet. I might go back and just pain it solid black.

I thought we needed some red furniture, so I chose the chairs.

The bench. I think they turned out pretty good. No I just need to figure out how to clean up all the black and red dust in my garage!!

3 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

This is way cute!! Where do you keep it at?

Angela said...

You did a fantastic job with the table and chairs. I have a boring kid table and chair set at my house, now I want to paint it like you did. I pray painted a big piece of cardboard in my garage for a fishing game last month. Their was blue dust everywhere. In the end I had to hose down the garage floor. I guess spray painting is always best done on the grass but of course in the winter that is difficult.

Angela (Cameron's neighbor in Sammamish--Stacie's best friend)

Shannon Hairr said...

LOVE the table and chairs!!