Saturday, June 12, 2010

UGH...UTAH WEATHER!!!!

So, the party didn't go quite as planned today. I was very disappointed, to say the least. When I planned this party, what, like 2 months ago? I figured yeah, June, it's going to be so warm outside, it'll be so perfect, the only thing I thought I needed to worry about was it being too hot. Yeah, I was totally wrong, it was almost like winter out today! It was so cold and windy! I planned on doing the party at the park, I did not want to do it at my house b/c I planned the decorations according to the picnic tables and thought the actual playground would be perfect entertainment for the kids. I went to the park around 10:30 this morning to see if it would be ok to still have it there, b/c it had been raining all night. It wasn't too bad, it was a little chilly, not too windy but, their was lots of water filling parts of the eating area, but we could easily block it off w/ tables. So, I thought we were good to go. So sometime around 11:15 we went to the park to set up. It was ridiculous, the sprinklers were going, and the wind was crazy! It took a lot longer to set up b/c of the wind. Anyways, to make a long story short, after we ate hot dogs, and what feels like right after I finally finished getting everything organized and set up, we all decided we wanted to take the party back to our place after all. I was just happy Cameron and I cleaned the place this morning just in case we had to have the party there. So, we packed up everything and all came back to my house. We had the cake and ice cream and then opened presents. The kids I think had a lot of fun, especially once they were in the warm house. I was just so disappointed the party didn't go as planned, I just felt like everything was so hectic. It just really bugs me I guess b/c for the past couple of months I had this planned out in my head how it was going to be, oh well. I think overall it was really good, just not anything like I imagined. But, I must say, thank you to everyone who came, they were quite the troopers! And thank you for the wonderful gifts, the boys have had quite a fun filled day playing w/ all of the wonderful toys and gifts. I really don't feel like posting pictures and video right now b/c I'm so dang tired, so I might do that tomorrow. Just wanted to update ya on how the party went.

2 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

Don't be too down about it! Seriously it was great. All of the decor was SO cute. Brooklyn and Cade had a blast on the slide together. The hot dogs were great and the company was even better.

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Sorry Britt :(