Thursday, June 10, 2010

Connor's Family B-day Celebration

We had a little celebration just for Connor tonight! We celebrated his 1st birthday. For his birthday dinner I made fried rice w/ chicken and egg rolls. Something I knew Connor would especially appreciate, all bite size and easy to chew. Then the boys had their cupcakes and then Connor got one of his presents.

He ate pretty much everything you see on his tray. Oh and he is loving milk. He actually keeps his sippy cup on his tray, with water or anything else he would just throw it.

Singing, "Happy birthday." He did not know what to do about the candle, so I guess he just figured why not touch it?

He looks terrified, but really I think he was just staring into the light. He never really was scared for real. Down below I posted the video of us singing "happy birthday" and Connor eating his cupcake.

Finally digging in.

Cade finally ate his cupcake! He actually had room for it b/c he wanted nothing to do w/ eating his dinner. He thought it was so funny that he had some hanging from his nose. He kept staring at me trying to get me to look.

This is what happened when Connor was finished. Actually, both the boys ended in tears, I can't be sure why. But, he sure did look like the green Hulk here. I immediately had to take him to the bath tub.

After getting cleaned off Connor got his gift. Both the boys were very excited about it, especially Cade, who thought it was his. As you can see in the background Cade was not very happy that he didn't get to play with it right away. I was very excited about this gift b/c it was on sale at Walmart for $14.99 but, I had a $5.00 off coupon, so I got it for $9.99!!! I have wanted a walker/scooter for the boys since Cade was learning to walk. Connor actually took a couple of steps w/ it! Very exciting.

Connor gave Cade a turn, and then followed him around the room.

While Cam and I were relaxing watching TV a little later, we wondered, "Hmm...I wonder what the boys are doing right now, what's that noise?" We turned around to find the boys getting into all the movies. Silly little trouble makers! I can't imagine the trouble they're going to be getting into in the next few years together.



We ended the evening just playing around the house and me cuddling Connor telling him how much I loved him and couldn't believe he was ONE! I do really love my little Connor Wonnor. Happy birthday little guy!

No comments: