Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cade's Family B-day Celebration

Last night we had a tiny celebration for Cade's birthday. Even though we are having a big birthday party for the boys Saturday, I didn't want the day to go by w/o celebrating his big day some how. So, I made him a special dinner, one that I thought he might appreciate. He had a little cupcake (I bought 2 cupcakes from Smith's, one for Cade and one for Connor's b-day, that way I didn't have to make any) and opened one of his 2 presents we got for him.

This is the dinner I made, or should we call it "Brinner"? It consisted of cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs with green onions, mushrooms, sausage and cheese mixed in it and finally strawberries and bananas mixed with a little bit of strawberry yogurt. Everything sounded like something Cade would actually eat, it's really hard to get him to eat dinner. So, he loved his eggs, finally I got him to try the cinnamon roll, which he loved the top of, and would not try the fruit. Oh well, he ate most of it! If you can see Connor in the background, he was loving it! I'll talk more about that in my next post though.

The baseball cupcake.

Cade knew exactly what to do.

He loved the baseball ring and had Daddy wash it off right away.

But, to my surprise he did not want to eat the cupcake! He threw it!

I couldn't figure out what was wrong but, I put it back in front of him...

He pointed to the candles I had taken out so, I handed them back to him. He stuck them back in, so, that's what was wrong, he wanted the candles.

But, come to find out, that wasn't all he wanted. He made me light the candles again, only so he could....

Blow them out again...and again....and again....and again....
So, instead of continuing pictures, I had Cameron get out the video camera. I posted the video at the bottom. After we finally got him to stop w/ the candle blowing, he got to open one gift. He got a ball popper, he was very excited, but dang me, I forgot to get batteries! Oh well, he had a good ol' time playing w/ the balls.

After baths and getting dressed for bed, we decided to take the boys out to fly their kite. It was a little too windy, the $1 kite could not take the wind. Look at Cade's face, it looks like he's trying not to fly away in the wind too.

Cade ended the evening pushing Connor in the stroller. He loves walks, even if he's the one pushing ;)


And here is the video...so funny! Oh, he never actually ended up eating the cupcake...so, we decided to save it for him to eat when Connor's eating his tonight. That way there is no jealousy.

2 comments:

Srudd said...

That video was sooo cute! I love it! Brit, you should buy those relighting trick candles... We love you Cade, Happy Birthday! love, Brandon, stacie, jackson, chloe, claire and lexie.

claireb said...

haha... Brittany, that video is hilarious. Cade is such a cute kid. You really need to add the video to Youtube. I'm sure it'd be one of the top viewed ones in minutes!