Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Cade!!!

Today is Cade's 2nd birthday. I know I keep saying this, but seriously, 2 years!!! He keeps going around holding up his pointer and thumb and saying, "do, do." (For 2) That's the only # I can ever get him to say, so I guess it's good he just turned 2. We're going to have a little birthday party just with our little family tonight (b/c we're having a big b-day party Saturday), one present and a cupcake, just to celebrate his actual birthday. I'll put pictures up of that later.

Can you believe that this was one year ago today? It's just so crazy to me how fast time flies! I'm just so grateful this isn't me this year :) Look how tiny Cade was (and don't pay any attention to how huge I was), and little Connor Wonnor was ready to pop out in just a few hours from when this picture was taken, now we're going to be celebrating his 1st b-day tomorrow!

This was today. I had a friend (thanks Annie!) babysit Connor so Cade and I could take Cade out to lunch and grocery shopping, just the 2 of us. We went to Iceburg and ate lunch and got a free shake, b/c it's his b-day, he didn't like it and only ate a few bites, oh well. Then we went to Smith's, where in the middle of shopping we both needed a little potty break. I was so happy to see they had one of these seats in the stall. Cade thought it was the funnest thing, is it weird I took a picture in the bathroom? haha

Cade saying, "Cheeth" (Cheese) for his b-day, it was so hard to get a decent picture of him today. He has a little lisp, it's so dang cute.

His curious, "What are you doing," face. He's always so curious about everything around him, he's very observant. Actually I just talked to one of his nursery leaders from church last night, she said he is so good, there are no complaints at all. She explained he just sits there and observed most of the time...I was not surprised to hear that at all. As busy as this kid is, in large groups he does love to observe everything.

Loves playing in things, boxes, laundry baskets, closets, anything he can fit into.

He loves wearing shoes. One of these days I'm going to post pictures of all the many shoes he tries on.

Probably his most favorite thing of all is being outside. He loves to draw with sidewalk chalk, taking one at a time and carefully using each color until he has gone through the whole pack.

Look at that face, don't you just want to squeeze it? He makes the funniest faces, and I love those little teeth, they're so funny. He loves, "Cos" (cars), especially when he gets to be outside, at the park and pretend he's driving one. I just love this little guy!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

spoiled kid! gets 2 birthday parties! I never got that.

Merideth Sullivan said...

Happy Birthday, Cade!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!