Sunday, March 7, 2010

Connor's Nursery!

I finally finished Connor's Nursery! Nothing fancy, but I think it's cute.
I decided I didn't want to use the same bedding for Connor as I did for Cade b/c I figured I could just use Cade's for his toddler bed he'll be sleeping in. And, I wanted to decorate Connor's totally different! So, I finally finished. I didn't have a bumper or a crib skirt until last week. I bought his blanket from Ikea back when Bonny was here visiting in August and I haven't been able to find anything "cheap" that matched. I finally found this bumper/skirt set off of KSL classifieds from a little family for only $25 and they're from Pottery Barn! I was so excited, and thought they matched perfect!

This is his blanket from Ikea, Cameron said that it's a little girly, which I can see, but I loved the colors! Doesn't the bumper match perfectly?!

So, I finally got around to making Connor a name plaque, like I did for Cade when he was a baby. I am very excited with the results. I really slacked on getting around to making it, but I finally made it last night. I painted, and modge podged scrapbook paper on the plaque (I thought the colors were perfect!). Then I painted each letter and glued them on, along w/ the lion (I can't take credit for painting that, it came that way). Oh, I also sand papered the edges of the paper so it had the distressed look. I love it! I just feel bad that Cade's is so plain, I remember being so proud of that at the time. I just have to remember that I've done a few more crafts since then, and have learned about modge podge. But, I think it turned out great and I am very excited about it.

I hung it this morning after Connor woke up, I couldn't wait to see it on the wall. Cameron made fun of me, but hey, that's just me! Nancy, Cameron's mom, made the quilt hanging over the edge the bed for Connor when he was born, she's an amazing quilter.

Connor's newborn hand and foot print, I finally hung them.

My wonderful glider rocker, I would recommend to any mom to have one of these in a nursing baby's room.

The entrance to his room. Bonny actually gave him the alligator hooks. I don't really know what to hang from it, but I think it looks cute how it is anyways.

This is the window in Connor's room, I would really like to put curtains over them so it blocks out light during the day. But, it is such a cool shaped window that I don't want to cover them up. Does anybody have any ideas of how to put up curtains but still show the shape of the window?

9 comments:

My Everythings said...

So cute, love the ikea quilt. You could do three separate curtains so that they are the same shape at the windows. The outer two could be the same fabric and a coordinating but different fabric for the inside one.

Erika said...

I really like the name plaque! So cute. You did a really good job making his nursery look good. :)

Dana Scarbrough said...

The window is cool and very unique! I agree, either three curtains, or a coordinating valance and then just tie the curtains back when not in use.

Dana Scarbrough said...

oh yeah, I also re-used Caleb's bedding for his toddler bed (he got in it at 13 months so I didn't want the bedding to go to waste!)and it worked great since he wanted out of the crib so young I put one bumper pad (I had 6 small ones) on the top against the wood and one at the bottom so it would be a little safer/softer.

regina barnett said...

Love the nursey..The color and all look great.. I like the simple look to it..Very cute

The Nielsons said...

Way to go Mrs. Creative! Connor's room looks great! I'm the same way about getting projects done, hung up, and standing back to admire them.

Janel said...

Love the name plaque. I also love all the colors. Nice job! I am in the process of decorating Kate's nursery! So fun!

Erin + Geoff said...

I love what you have done in his nursery! You should be proud cause it all looks so good...

J & J said...

nice work brittany! okay. i had a dream a few nights ago and you and cameron were in it. you were pregnant again, and all of a sudden the baby was coming and we had to deliver in the house! and then there were two babies! you had twins and you didn't even know it. random, i know. anyway, thought it was kinda funny.