Monday, March 15, 2010

Disney on Ice

Saturday I took Cade, along w/ a couple of friends and their sons, to Disney on Ice. I'm not sure who was more excited, Cade or me...wait who am I kidding, I was for sure!!! I have never been to any ice skating show before so I was dang excited! Cade had seen a few commercials advertising it and every time he would get very excited because this year they featured Cars! He would start pointing and yelling, "Ca, Ca!!" (Car) He would then get so mad when the commercial would end. So, I told Cameron we had to take him to see the show. He didn't really think it sounded like a lot of fun so insisted I find a friend that would be willing to go. I finally got my friend Merideth and her son Owen and another friend, Susan and her son Austin to go. So we all went Saturday, even though it was terrible weather, a mixture of rain and snow. Merideth and I went to Gateway beforehand and had lunch at the food court. Then we proceeded to carry our sons, while holding an umbrella, all the way to the Energy Solution's Arena...it was a much longer walk than I thought. My arms are still sore today. Susan was a lot smarter, she parked across the street. But anyways, we had a great time. Mickey and Minnie were the first act, which was great b/c Cade is a huge fan. He did get scared a couple of times, like when their car backfired and another time during a scene in The Little Mermaid. I think it must have been all the excitement. The first half consisted of Mickey Mouse, then Cars, The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. All the boys were seriously in a trans the whole time and loved it! The second half was all Tinkerbell, I think we were all bored during that part. The boys all played on the ground together, but at least they were still good. But, we had a great time and I would for sure recommend it to anyone!




All of us, Susan and Austin, Me and Cade, Merideth and Owen.

3 comments:

Olga Marquez said...

How fun!!! I been wanting to take Raychel to the disney on ice too, but I think the last show was earlier this month so we missed it :(. Raychel also loved when it came on the commercials, she really likes "little mermaid." That's great that all the kiddos enjoyed it!

Erika said...

Disney on Ice is seriously awesome! I've been twice now and I'd love to go again. What a fun day!

Erin + Geoff said...

That show looks like it was a blast! I can't wait till I can come with my little boy or girl to fun "mommy - child" outings!