Thursday, October 2, 2008

Caden's Name Plaque

Tuesday we went to Cameron's brother and sister-in-laws house, Dave and Lisa, for their son Mason's birthday. I noticed while I was there that Eli, their daughter, had the cutest name plaque on her wall. I asked Lisa where she got it and she told me she made it! I was so impressed. I thought about it that next morning, and I thought it would be cute to have one for Caden. So, I took it upon my self to actually do something crafty, all by myself. Not for a Relief Society activity or anything like that. All on my own. I called Lisa that morning and asked her where she got everything and she told me what to do. I took a trip to Michael's, bought the plague, the letters and paint, and today I put it together. It is the colors of his room, blue and brown. Here is what it looks like, and yes, I am pretty excited I actually made this. I even told Cameron I was going to be crafty now. He kinda laughed and said, "ok."
Here's what it looks like above Cade's bed.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That turned out so cute! Way to go! I like the color choice, very nice. I love to walk around Michael's and just see if there's anything I can make. We should do a project together sometime. I'll let you know if I think of anything else to make!

Brittany said...

That would be a lot of fun. You seem to be a lot more creative than me, so w/ your help maybe I CAN be crafty.

MSorenson said...

It turned out really cute! I wish I lived in Utah and could craft with you guys. I love doing stuff, but need other people to get me motivated. I just did signs for Stacie's kids and sent them up with Michael and Andrea.

Janel said...

Britt! I love it! I want to make one. How did you do it? Teach me your ways:).

Brittany said...

I went to a craft store and bought everything. I bought a wooden plaque that I liked, wooden letters, the paint that matched his room, wood glue and sand paper if needed. I put several coats of paint on the letters and plaque, when it looked good enough I then glued the letters on. Oh if the wood pieces need to be sanded down, then do that before painting. Oh, I then wrote a special message on the back of the plaque so that Cade can read that later when he's older. Hope that helps, and good luck. Those are my ways...haha.

Jenny said...

Looks so cute!

Unknown said...

That is really cute. I made Will some a while ago, but I'm not too crafty myself. so I never posted a picture. It's just hanging in his room for only his little 11 mo.-old eyes to judge.
p.s. I love the name of your blog! so clever.