Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Alabama Visit...

Wednesday, Sep 26th, the boys and I headed to visit Bonny in Alabama on the Mega Bus.  Connor was amazing, Cade must've just been really tired b/c he did not act very well.  Them sharing the dvd player only lasted a few minutes, but it was cute while it lasted.

Our bus went as far as Atlanta so Bonny came to pick us up.  But before heading to her home we stopped for lunch and then visited my cousin Anna.

We always have to have cousin bath pictures right?!

Thursday Bonny and I had a girls night out were we got Gigi's cupcakes and walked the strip in Auburn and visited some of the cute shops.  My cupcake on the left, the white chocolate pumpkin was amazing!!!

Friday we went on campus where they were having a fun horse activity going on for free!  The kids loved the bounce house.

Getting ready to ride horses.






My family came in to town Friday night so Saturday we took a little tour around campus and then at lunch at a place called Cheeburger Cheeburger.  While there Connor threw a huge temper tantrum, so my dad tried to take him out but he locked himself to his highchair, which then Daddy decided to just pick up the highchair and take the whole thing outside.  He had a few ppl applause as he shut the door, haha.  It was kinda really funny, if I hadn't been the mom.

My food, you choose a size of burger then choose between tons of toppings which are free.  Yum.  While we were eating Leah announced my parents van was being towed and so my dad jumps out, runs across the street, his shoes fall off, he bends over, picks them up and continues to run and jump into the van where he talked the tow guy down half price.  The whole restaurant turned to watch, laughed and continued to watch like it was an amazing tv show.

The kids loved playing in the pool at the hotel where my fam were staying.  Sadly that's all the pictures I got. But Saturday afternoon during naps all of us girls went out and shopped all the cute, amazing boutiques on the strip, and of course we had to get more Gigi's cupcakes.  It was so fun!
 
Monday we headed back to TN w/ my family.  We decided to stop for dinner at Ryan's and here's what happened:
Connor had to go to the bathroom. I left out the part of him needing to go #2 when I asked Hunter if he'd take him. 5 min or so later we hear screaming and so I go and check on them. Hunter was wondering why Connor wouldn't wipe his own bum so I told him he'd have to, he doesn't know how to wipe himself.  He wasn't very thrilled to do so, so I did it at the door. I told Connor to put his pants and undies back on and then walked off. A couple of minutes later I hear more screaming, turn around and only to find Connor running the restaurant bottomless. I quickly went to get him and he dropped the the floor, spread eagle right in front of a lady at the salad buffet, who didn't even crack a smile. We took him back to the bathrooms where he continued to scream and yell while Gampa and I forced him to put on his undies (which somehow we found in the trash can) and pants. Gampa was then nice enough to take him back out to the van and wait for us to finish eating. crazy, crazy day!!  (That's just the very quick version of the story.)

1 comment:

benjaminnleslie said...

Hahahaha....oh this post had me laughing! From your dad carrying the whole highchair and all outside during the tantrum, and his reaction when the van was towed and Connor's naked incident...Lol. Oh goodness, motherhood is not for the faint of heart! These are good memories for later :) Where are some belly shots from this pregnancy? I've missed them!