Saturday, June 9, 2012

Big Birthday Surprise

The boys, as most of you know, celebrate their birthdays a year and a day apart.  So, this year we decided to combine their birthday gift and both of our parents went in on their big gift. 

To start out we had Cade sleep in his room and Connor slept in our room, that way we could put together their big gift in his room.  They thought we were cleaning Connor's room ;)  And since Cade's birthday was the next day, June 9th, I decorated his door w/ birthday streamers and filled his room w/ balloons.  (I did the same thing to Connor the next day).

The birthday boy asleep, he had no idea what he was going to wake up to.

Connor woke up first, and after having to wait a while for Cade to wake up, he got impatient and we went and woke him up.




Yeah, they loved their balloons....But then they started questioning about Connor's room and if we had gotten it clean...so we showed them...

Yep that's right...we got them Ikea bunk beds!  They're perfect, the top bunk only goes to my chest and as you can see, the bottom bed sits flat on the floor.


Yeah, they were amazed.

Cade checking out his top bunk.


Connor was a little disappointed that he didn't get a tend over his bed, so I promised I'd make him curtains to drape around his bottom bunk.  He reminded me everyday until finally I got around to it...I'll show you those pictures later.

Later that day Cade and I went back to Ikea so he could help me pick out their bedding.  This is what he chose. :)

I thought it went great w/ the bed.  Thanks Grandma, Papa, Gammy and Gampa for getting their bed for them...they love it!  And so far the boys are doing great sharing a room at night.  Naps are a different story, but we just sleep them in separate bedrooms and it works out just fine.  (We thought we needed to combine their rooms to get ready for baby #3, since we only have 3 bedrooms.)  

Stay tuned for birthday celebrations.

No comments: