Thursday, August 4, 2011

T Shaped Window Curtains

Remember back in March when I asked the question about what type of curtains to use for Connor's T shaped window pictured below?


Well I finally came up w/ something!  I was at Ikea today and found these!  They're going out of stock  soon so they're marked down a lot!  I saw how long they were and decided I could make curtains for the middle window and little ones that still match for the sides.  I couldn't rest until I was done w/ the project, I worked all afternoon on it!  I measured the windows, measured the fabric and cut.  Then I hemmed the bottoms of each panel and tops of the smaller panels.  I then cut the tabs in half at the top of the curtains and used them for the shorter panels.  I then sewed them on and sewed the cut tabs back down.  (Does this make any sense at all?)  Oh, there's still extra fabric left over!  They were that long!

Here's what I came up w/!  The 2 blue straps came w/ it.  Worked out pretty good huh?

Here they are closed.  Oh, I got the curtain (or should I say fabric ;) for $14.99 and the rod for $9.99.  Pretty cheap project right?  At least I thought so.

The colors go great w/ Connor's bedding.  I'm excited to see how this works w/ the morning sun shining through.  And there ya go, my solution to my T shaped window problem!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go! I can't believe you finished so fast!

Gennaveeve said...

GENIUS!

Katie said...

You did a great job! So cute!! You must have been up late last night - holy blog posts!! =)

Bonny Day said...

GREAT JOB! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

Susan Lo Vue said...

I like it!