Thursday, August 4, 2011

My 1st Ever Quilt!

My friend Suzy (the one w/ the rabbits) randomly told me she quilts (after seeing one of my mother-in-laws beautiful quilts) and offered to teach me how!  We decided it best to start out w/ a rag quilt.  We went through all my scraps and hers and came up w/ a pattern.  I ended up cutting some fabric the wrong size, so I had to buy some extra fabric to add to it.  So, total cost of this quilt was $6, the price of the extra fabric and the backing.

Sewing all the squares down the center.

My first completed square!

All the squares finished and ready to be put together.  6 squares and 3 strips in the center.  I had everything but the blue polka-dot and the blue backing and Suzy gave me the red polka-dot scraps.

Putting it all together...

And sewing.  I will show you the finished project later.  There is a lot of cutting and snipping after the sewing is all done, I thought it was so easy until all the cutting!  My hand is still sore!  I am done w/ everything, except for the last row.

No comments: