Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Private?

I went private for a week or so b/c...well...here's the story:  I got an email from this Doorstep loans telling me, "Congratulations!  Your blog has been featured."  At first I was expecting it to be my cooking blog, which ok, that's fine.  But when I clicked on the link, I found it was my family blog!  Anybody could click on it, along w/ several other blogs, and rate them!  I looked at the other blog names and I did not like what I saw.  I did not want my blog featured along side the others.  Cameron and I then decided to go private until we could figure out what to do.  I emailed the company 3 times to tell them to remove my blog from their website but have not heard back.  I've decided to put my blog back up and see what happens.  If I notice a lot of unexpected traffic, I might decide to permanently go private :(  Which I really, really do not want to do!  So, that's the story!  And for now, I'm back up and running!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally understand. I'm over-paranoid about stuff like that. That's why my blog is private! I just want to be in control of who is looking at pictures of my kids!

Diane said...

I feel like there are good ways to go private where people who want to stay updated to your blog still can. For example, I have a public blog where I post when I have updated my private blog. People can add that to their reader so they can get updates. Good luck with the decision! I didn't like going private either.

Gennaveeve said...

I went private with mine after I found that every picture I've ever put on my blog came up when I googled my name. It's crazy! I don't think as many people read my blog with it being private, but it's better than having all my pictures online for anyone.

benjaminnleslie said...

I'm so glad your back up! I was wondering what had happened cause I couldn't view your blog anymore and it was a bummer but I do understand wanting to be cautious. I enjoy seeing what your sweet family is up to! :o) I now have a blog too but I don't have your email address or bonny's to send you the link to it so here it is:
http://thisjourneycalledlife-thebreedings.blogspot.com/