Monday, June 6, 2011

TN Visit The Final Days

Finally, the last part of my visit.  What do you expect though?  I was there for 3 weeks!

The Cicadas came out while I was there.  They shed there skin everywhere!  Look how we found these 2!  They emerge from underground every 13 years.  I totally remember them being out at the end of my 8th grade year!  They are so loud!

I got to hang out w/ some of my good friends from High School Friday, May 13th.  We went to dinner at Chedders and had a great time catching up!  L to R: Me, Adam, Derrick and his g/f Meghan, Katie and Hubby Chris.

It was especially fun to hang out w/ Katie!  I got to go to her cute house before dinner and see everything she's done on her blog in person!  It was so fun!

The next day Cade and I took Bonny and her kids to Cookville to meet up w/ Chad so they could go home.  We went early so that we could hang out together and visit the cute little shops they have downtown. We first went to a Chinese buffet and the kids obviously had a great time eating (or should I say drinking?) their ice cream.

Silly kids ;)

Then we visited a few boutiques and made our way to their historic railway.  The kids loooved exploring the train.  Their saying, "Chooo Chooo!"



After we explored the train, we decided we wanted to go into this great little antique store.  It was great!  Everything was a lot cheaper than I would've ever imagined.  I got Bonny a cute sheer yellow and black laced Hostess apron from the 50's and a handkerchief.  She also got herself a green hostess apron.  They were adorable!  While we were in there though I look over at Cade and he was standing in a wet puddle!  Ugh!  He had peed on their carpet and pooped in his pants.  I was so mad.  But, the owner was so nice, she even cleaned up the pee for us while I took Cade out back to clean him up.  Bonny found a small romper for Cade to wear, and luckily I had thought to bring him an extra pair of underwear.  Soon after that, as I was discarding you-know-what, Cade decided to play with antique ornaments and threw one on the ground thinking it was a ball.  It shattered to pieces!!  ugh  So, I brought it to the lady and told her I needed to buy it.  She refused to let me and said it was already marked down 75%, she was so wonderful!  We left right after that and took the kids to a fun candy/toy store.  Then we risked going to the store w/ 4 kids so Bonny could get some great deals at Aldi's before she headed back home. 

  
Saying goodbye to little Knoxy!  It was so fun to hang out w/ them for so long.  I miss them and wish we could live much, much closer.

The next day Daddy treated it like Mother's day again.  He was gone for most of Mother's day the week prior b/c he was out of town.  He treated Momma and me to breakfast in bed and this beautiful bouquet of flowers.

My stud of a baby!

My cousin, Anna, and I.  She came over to visit for dinner that evening.  It was great to see her!

Momma made Cafe Rio Salads and...

White chocolate raspberry cheesecake.  Yummy!!!  I will be posting the recipes on my cooking blog if Momma ever decides to give me the recipes.

A few days before she had made this delicious Chicken and Dumplings.  I haven't had this stuff for years!!  It was seriously soo good!  Hopefully I'll get to post that recipe as well, b/c I want to make it on my own too!

I tried to get a picture of the boys w/ Uncle Dallas, but Cade refused and Connor fought it.  Little stinkers.

The next day I got to meet up w/ my good friend, Lori, from here in Utah and hang out in Nashville.  She and her family moved to Franklin for the summer for sales.  It was so fun to visit w/ her and Brenton in my hometown!  We went to Centennial Park and visited the Parthenon. 

We first fed the geese w/ our vanilla wafers we brought.  The boys loved it.  I had to quickly grab Cade at one point b/c he got to close to the little babies and the Mommy and Daddy both hissed at him!

We then went up to the doors of the Parthenon, but sadly it was a freezing day so we didn't stay long. 

Just long enough to take a few pictures and for the boys to share a few cookies.

We left and found a cute little deli to eat lunch called, Witch Which?  It was so fun to see Lori one last time before she come back home.  Miss you already Lori!

As soon as I got back I had to turn right back around and go back to Nashville w/ my parents.  Dallas fell off of a roof doing insurance inspections (or whatever it's called).  He fell off a ladder headed down from the 2nd level roof, onto the first level roof, then tried to catch the gutter (where he cut his hand up pretty bad) and then landed right on his back on the sidewalk!  We were so scared for him!  But, seeing him we were relieved right away b/c of how well he was doing, he was obviously trying to be funny in this picture.  It ended up though, that he broke his back in 4 different spots, did something to his elbow (can't remember what it's called, not too serious), a few scrapes all over, a huge rectangle bruise on his back and a huge goose egg on the back of his head.  The hospital made him stay overnight to keep an eye on him, he was not very happy about having to do that!


Daddy, I believe, lives for mowing his huge yard.  I think it's his quiet time, where he can get away from everything else going on.  But, he's always happy to have others join in on the fun.  Cade stayed out there w/ him for a long time, he loved it!  (Oh, this was Tuesday, the next day.)

That evening we all went to visit Dallas at his home.  He seemed to be getting around pretty well over all, but looked like he was in a lot of pain.  He said he couldn't sleep at all the previous night and the pain killers weren't helping at all.  Poor guy!  He's getting better day by day now, and I'm sure will be back to normal in no time.  It was so good spending time w/ Dallas again.  I miss having him out here living near by.  It was also a lot of fun hanging out w/ his wife, Paige, and getting to know her a little better.  Sadly I couldn't get any pictures w/ her, but just know she was there!  After visiting Dallas, the family and I went downtown and ate at Demos' steakhouse, so good and so fun to be w/ everyone!

Later that night, Audrey, Spencer and Kayleen came to visit one last time before I headed out early, early in the morning.  I got to hang out w/ Audrey a lot!  It was so fun to have her around, I really got to know her a lot better too!

The next morning I had to wake up at 4 AM and my parents woke up soon after to take me to the airport so I could catch my flight at 6:10.  They were so wonderful to do that!  Usually I take pictures at the airport saying goodbye, but sadly I didn't get any this time :(  It was so fun being w/ my family so long.  They are so wonderful!  Momma is such a wonderful Gammy and took care of the boys like they were her own.  Every morning she woke up w/ my boys and fed them while I slept in.  I was totally spoiled.  And my sisters Hannah, and especially Leah, were so wonderful w/ my boys!  They babysat and took care of them the whole time we were there.  Thanks everyone for being so wonderful!  I love and miss ya'll so much!

As much as I loved being home w/ my family, it was so wonderful to be w/ Cameron again.  We got to SLC at 9:50 am and he took us straight to our favorite breakfast place, Village Inn.  Then we visited him for a little bit at his office.  I then went home w/ the boys and found these waiting for me!!  Not only this, but the house was completely spotless, not only the downstairs but bedrooms and bathrooms too!  He really out did himself.  I guess he was trying to make sure I really did want to stay here w/ him and not head back to TN ;)

Love you Cam!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! You guys were so busy the whole time you were here! It was awesome getting to see you again! That picture of Dallas is hilarious!! I'm glad he's ok and doing better! Can't wait to see you again!