Monday, June 6, 2011

The Boy's 2nd & 3rd Birthday Party!

Cade and Connor's birthday isn't until the 9th and the 10th of this week, but we went ahead and had their birthday a little early.  We celebrated w/ a few of their friends Friday, last week.  I decided to have it a little early b/c every year since having them, either in the hospital or at home for parties, the weather has been cold, windy and even snowing!  We're also taking our first vacation together as a family for a 1 1/2 years coming up this weekend.  So, I thought, why not try it early?

I just can't believe my babies are going to be 2 and 3!!

I went with a balloon theme b/c this party was totally thrown together last minute.  I think I gave everyone less than a week notice about the party.  I would've planned a few weeks early, but I went to TN last minute instead, so that took all of my attention.  I was totally inspired by these invitations I found at Target, and was then able to find lots of decor that went along.

Due to the horrible weather we had last year, I decided to go ahead and tell everyone (on the back of the card) to come to my house in case that happened again.

 


I totally had bought balloons, but it turned out to be so windy that my $6 balloons all flew away!  Yeah, it was such a nice day until the party started.  Then the wind started blowing like crazy.  At least it wasn't snowing!

Zeke, Cade, Connor and Jackson.  We had pizza for dinner.

Merideth and Owen, a friend from college, were able to come!

I made the boys a yummy ice cream cake.  I needed color and Bonny totally gave me the idea to polka dot it w/ skittles.  Oh, and she also told me about these great new writing pens to write w/!

(I gotta give credit to my friend Annie for taking all the cute pictures while I was doing the cake thang.)


It was so windy that I couldn't get the candles to light.  Cade was so sad :(


It was sad for me b/c every time I asked Cade what he wanted for his birthday all he would do is act like he was blowing out candles.  Poor guy.  But, I think I got one candle lit for a split second so he was able to blow that out!


Connor got over it quickly.


2 layers of devil's chocolate cake w/ the center of Moose Tracks ice cream drizzled w/ caramel and chocolate syrup.  The icing is cool whip mixed with marshmallow cream.





All the gifts!  Thanks so much everyone for all the great gifts and for everyone who came.  The boys love everything!  Just so I remember later, all the kids who came were: Owen, Ali, Londyn and Jackson, Zeke, Brooklyn and Korbin, Brooklyn and Beckam, Austin and Ryan.


I provided sidewalk chalk and bubbles for the kids to play with.

Adult time while the kids play on the playground.

I tried...I tried so hard to have a family picture.  This is what I got :(  At least Cam looks good!

Silly Connor thought the chalk was more food I think.

Playing w/ all their toys after the party.






I tried to get them to pose for the camera.  Cade did a great job!  So sweet!  I just love these boys!

5 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

THey are just so handsome!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Cade and Connor!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I love their hair! balloons is a great party theme-I've never seen that so last minute worked good for you!

JonandLo said...

I'm bummed we missed all the fun..even though that blasted wind didn't stop..heehe. And trust me, the cicadas are out of control now!!!!!! it's soo not cool. But if you really liked the dead carcasses I can send some to you:) xoxox

Janel said...

I am way behind on your blog.

First off- the party turned out so cute, especially for being last minute. I can't believe how big your boys are, sooo cute! Great job on the cake.

Second- looks like you had a blast with your family...of course! I loved all the pictures.