Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Traveling to TN

Monday, August 9th, just a couple of days after I got home from girls camp I flew home to TN all alone w/ my 2 boys. Can I just say how grateful I am for those people out there who are helpful and understanding towards crying babies and moms who travel alone? They make traveling so much easier than it could be. On my way there, Cade screamed for the last hour of the trip, it was not fun at all! This lady who sat in front of us kept turning around and staring, finally she starts picking up stuff behind her chair and organizing it for me. That would have been a nice gesture if I knew she was doing it to be nice, but I knew she wasn't, I'm pretty sure she did it because she thought I was unfit to be a mother. Finally she got up and moved to another seat. Those kind of people make it a lot harder than it should be! But, overall people were wonderful. Most people offered to carry Cade's car seat, or one of the boys or a bag or something, they were wonderful. I met this sweet 19 year old kid who was so sweet w/ the boys and helped me out w/ them so much. He had their names memorized before I even introduced ourselves.

This was my saving grace with Cade, at least until the battery died. That was an hour before we landed, yep that's what made him scream and why that woman moved.

This was Connor the last hour of the trip, aww, at least he was good, then anyways. I really only had one screaming child at one time, so that was good ;)

Anyways, enough about the travel. I ended up arriving to TN at like 12:10 AM, I think something like 30 minutes late. I felt so bad for Momma and Dallas who had to pick us up. We had been delayed leaving SLC airport because of bad weather in Denver, not fun! So once I got there we went to baggage claim, where I never got my baggage. Come to find out, SLC did not put any of their passenger's luggage on the plane. I had to fill out a lost luggage report and then go home w/ no bags. That morning around 10 the delivered it to me, finally I was able to brush my teeth and shower!

Up next for posts will be my visit, including Dallas and Paige's wedding, and my cousin Robby and Kelsey's wedding!!!

No comments: