Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Special Visit and My Cute Boys...

This was sitting out on the kitchen table when I got home Tuesday night from visiting my family in TN. Isn't Cameron so sweet? They were beautiful, and the card was so sweet. He gave them to me in honor of our 5th year anniversary, August 20th (which I had missed due to being in TN).

Wednesday, September 1st, Janel came to visit me!!! She pretty much stayed all day and stayed the night w/ us. It was so much fun. I picked her and her little girl, Kate, up from the airport. Then we came back home, hung out while our kids napped. Then I got to babysit Kate while she visited her sister-in-law for a couple of hours. That night, when she came back, we put our kids to bed Cameron was nice enough to stay home w/ them so we could go shopping! Then we stayed up late talking. The next morning we hung out for a little bit and then I took her to her grandparents in Provo. I was so happy we got to hang out, and for so much time! I miss you already Janel!

Cade loved the "byebee" This is Janel's cute little Kate.

I love this picture, she looks like such a big girl sitting up like this, haha.

Cade is huge into watching his "Shows" on the portable dvd player and sitting in his swing. It makes it nice when I want to watch my own show.

I'm so glad I put this picture so it could remind me to talk about Cade's pacifier. We officially weaned him the day after my family left. So, July 27th I believe. He was down to his last pacifier and I was just going to stop giving him any pacifier once it broke off, it was ripping off. But, I got so sick of trying to find it every time he went to bed. So, for nap time this particular day I was so tired and frustrated w/ them I just said, "You know what, you have to go to sleep w/ out it today, I'm sick of trying to find it." So he cried for only like 5 minutes and fell asleep. It went so well that when I found it later that day, I didn't give it back. He found it a few days later and held it up and announced, " 'er it is!!" Poor little guy, he had been thinking about it all that time. Well after he found it, (I feel so bad about this) I asked to see it, (there was no way I wanted to go back to him having a pacifier w/ him doing so well w/o it!) and I ripped the nipple off! Isn't that horrible of me?! I said, "Uh oh, it's broken." He then tried to put it back on, and kept asking, " 'elp, 'elp, eeze!" (Help, please) I felt so bad, I really did, you just have to understand, he was doing so well w/o it. He then tried to suck on just the nipple of the pacifier and chocked a few times. I finally had to say, "Sorry it's broken, it can't be fixed. Say bye, bye." And threw it away. He was devastated. I know, it sounds horrible, but he's been doing just fine w/o it. There was only a couple of times where he tried to settle for Connor's pacifiers (he didn't like the brand Connor used, luckily). Eventually he has totally forgotten about it.

Maybe he'll be a swimmer, just like his mommy!

These kids are big into dumping out their whole toy box, it's a good thing Cade can help clean.

Cade loves his "Juice"

These boys love their blankies, and "bobos."

Can I just say, I am so lucky to have such good lookin' boys in my life?!




Cade and Connor got into some chocolate in the house, so I sat them in their chairs outside.

Yesterday we finally took the boys out to play with their Mickey Mouse splash pad I bought from a garage sale a while back. Connor was soaked and so cold!

Cade was very cautious and hardly got wet.

Cameron turned off the water for a second, I sat them on the pad, and then he turned the water back on...haha

Aww....

Cade finally decided he had had enough and wanted to cuddle w/ Daddy.

Cade on the other hand decided he was thirsty.

After drying off he decided he wanted to take his car out for a spin.

So did Cade.
Finally, I believe I'm all caught up!!!!! Thanks for sticking w/ me through the many posts.

2 comments:

Janel said...

Britt, your so sweet! I loved getting to see you and your fam. The time was to short and I wish I could've hung out longer. I love the pictures you took of Kate and Cade. You're a great host!!!

You are making me want to get caught up on my blog. I am way behind. Maybe I'll get motivated this week and do it. Love ya!

Erika said...

You and Janel look SO SKINNY!!!! You both are so beautiful too! I'm so sad we missed you that weekend. We were so excited to see you and Cam. Hopefully, we can see each other soon!

I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable. I love the story about Cade's paci's. So funny! He'll be just fine I'm sure.