Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Update...

So last time I told ya'll how upset I was about being released from Primary and how I just wanted to know why. Oh, just in case you were wondering, NO, I have not been mourning my release this whole time, I've been just fine. But, anyways, I was called in Sunday morning to meet with a member of the bishopric for a new calling! It turned out that they want me as the new Beehive advisor!! For those that aren't LDS, no I am not going to oversee actual beehives, Beehives are the 12 and 13 year old girls in our church. So, I'm going to get to teach them Sundays and plan and attend activities for Wednesday evenings. I was told by some of the ladies I'll be working with that they have had an eye on me for a few months now, and kept saying how they just wished I wasn't in Primary so they could have me. I guess as soon as they heard the news of me being released they snatched me up as quickly as they could. I am very excited to work with these ladies, I already know most of them, and they are wonderful! I am also excited to get to know the girls, they seem like such funny girls, and full of personality. I have not done anything in Young Women's since I was in High School, so it's going to be quite a new experience. What I have learned from this, is God does have a plan for me (other than Primary), he had one all along, I just need to have more faith but, I'm just glad I get to finally see what that plan was. This will definitely be a new and exciting ride for me, I am a little nervous, but more excited.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

yea!! That will be so fun:)

Olga Marquez said...

What a blessing to be able to work with young girls!! Sound fun and exciting!

Carly said...

Oh they will love you! I always loved when I had young leaders! You will be so much fun!

Gennaveeve said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it! I keep meaning to call you, how lame am I? I'm getting released next Sunday. So is Robyn! I'm a little sad but mostly relieved because of the boys! But I need to call you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janel said...

Awesome! You'll do great, and all the girls are going to want to be just like you:). By the way I love cabella's it's basically a free zoo.