Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving '11

This was my 3rd year in a row hosting Thanksgiving, but this year, by far, we had the largest group.  We ended up having 10 adults and 10 children (plus a 3 week old).  It was crazy, but a lot of fun.  These are the best pictures I could come up w/, I guess I was very distracted by everything else going on.

We actually had 3 tables this year, this main table, another table to fit 4 adults and 2 children, and a children's table, I wish I had gotten a picture of all the tables side, by side.  This was my first time using paper plates and plasticware...I finally gave in.  I was sick of the horrible clean-up afterward, and it actually made it a lot easier!  (Plus we had a lot of help afterward, thanks ya'll.)

This table had 8 kids sitting at it.

I used the same recipe I made last year, turned out great, if I do say so myself.

Right out of the oven, I browned it a lot more than last year.

This year I planned projects for the kids, they made Pilgrim hats (I wanted to take a picture of the kids wearing them all together, but it didn't happen.  I didn't even get a picture of any of the girls hats.) and place mats.

Usually Cameron is the turkey carver, and I think he started out cutting, but his cousin Micheal took over.

The spread, yum!  We had such great food!  And it was so great, having so many ppl really pays off, I feel like I wasn't slaving away in the kitchen as much as I have in the past.  We had Martha Stewart's Herb Roasted Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy (Dave made it, it was amazing!), Green Bean Casserole, Rolls, Scalloped Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Stuffing, Frozen Fruit Salad, and Deviled Eggs.

The kids eating.

Everyone hanging out after eating.

Having dessert.  We had a pumpkin trifle, pumpkin pie and cheese cake.

Us w/ Cameron's cousin, Micheal and his wife Andrea.

Micheal cut up the remainder of the turkey, he went all the way to the bone!  It was so nice that I didn't have to do it this year!

Cameron's brother Dave and his family, Lisa, Ellie, Cassidy and Mason.

Me w/ my 2nd cousins once removed, Lauren and Alex (I have no idea if that's right...you tell me.  Our moms are cousins.)  We're laughing b/c I was trying to stand on my toes to make myself taller and Alex pushed me down b/c he wanted to feel tall, haha.

Our friends the Strouds, Susan, Vince, Ryan, Austin and, the new little guy, Cole.  It was fun to have friends come over too! 

Our boys are good little buddies.  I tried so hard to get them to sit still so I could take a picture, this is the best I could get....at least they were all looking, haha.

Connor and Cade in their Pilgrim hats at the end of the night.  We had a great Thanksgiving!  Thanks everyone who came, it was so fun to have a full house this year.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Wow! It looks like you had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I can't believe how many people you had over. I bet it was soo crazy but so fun cause you had so much help.
Your boys are the cuttteesssttttt!!!!
Glad you had an awesome Thanksgiving!!