Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Halloween!

To start out the morning I made the boys special Halloween pancakes.  Cade got a jack-o-lantern and a moon.

Connor got a ghost and a cat (I know you can't tell what they are, but they loved them!)

I also made them a special Halloween Lunch.

I made this for our candy to leave on our porch while we went trick-or-treating.  I got the idea from here.

Introducing...

Connor dressed up as Ernie, complete w/ a clown nose, orange face paint, lots and lots of gel and hairspray, black hair spray paint, Kid2Kid sweater, orange stretchy gloves, rolled up jeans, and tennis shoes.





He's such a cutie! 

Cade as Bert complete w/ a yellow beanie cap w/ yarn woven through for his hair and unibrow, yellow face paint, clown nose painted orange, Kid2Kid sweater, yellow stretchy gloves, khakis, and dress shoes.

One thing I would've changed would have been to make the unibrow right at the tip of the hat instead of a little above.



Love that smile!




Cade's nose turned hard, due to painting it, and had a hard time staying on.

Don't they make the perfect Bert and Ernie? 

Before trick-or-treating our neighborhood had a party.  We roasted hot dogs and everyone brought drinks, appetizers and desserts.  Connor seriously sat and ate pretty much the whole time! I kind of forgot to take off his gloves and he got food all over them :(

Out trick-or-treating.  We ended up painting Cade's nose orange.  We didn't have red or we would've painted Connors, he wouldn't keep his nose on either.

Erin and Geoff met up w/ us for trick-or-treating.  The boys were so excited to have Cora join us.

This house was decorated inside like a Haunted House.  When the door opened smoke came plowing out.

After trick-or-treating.  Cora wasn't feeling well.



Washing off all the paint.  The water was completely black from Connor's hair.

The next day Cade was eating Reese's Pieces and came up to show me these.  He said, "Look it's Ernie and Bert."  haha it took me a second to figure out what he was saying, but I did and thought it was so funny that he noticed.  Anyways, we had a great Halloween, and it was so much fun w/ the boys.

2 comments:

Janel said...

Those costumes are SOOOO cute, you did a dang good job! It looks like you had a busy and fun Halloween.

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I love my nephews!