Sunday, November 27, 2011

Arizona Trip Part II

After the zoo we went back to the Longs.  We had Cameron's Grandparents over for dinner, it was nice to visit w/ them.  While we all talked after eating, the boys played w/ toys.  They were so good.


Wednesday we went to eat at The Indian Village for tacos.

Nancy and Steve w/ the boys while we ate.  Yum!

We totally thought it'd be warm enough to swim while there, but we were wrong.  Apparently we brought in a cold front (it had warmed up a little since we first got there, don't get me wrong, it was perfect weather to just hang outside, just a little too breezy to swim).  But, after the boys naps Wed. we took them to the pool.  We thought we'd try it out, at least once.  The boys only lasted 30 minutes and wanted to go home.



Thursday we all went to watch some Fall Ball.


Cade got a ball!  Not a foul ball, no.  But, it was given to him b/c: While Nancy and I were standing in line for food, Cade walked off.  I looked for a second for him and saw Cameron down a way and figured he had just gone down to him.  I thought nothing of it again until a couple of men came up to me and asked if Cade (who had tears in his eyes) was mine.  I apologized and thanked them for finding him.  I felt so bad!  A few minuted later the men came back w/ a ball and asked Cade if he wanted it (they worked there).  He was so excited, and so was I ;)  I thought it was so nice.

Cameron's Grandparents met up w/ us at the game.



Front: Cameron, Papa Steve, Grandma Gail, Papa Stan.  Back: Grandma Nancy, Connor, Me and Cade.

Leaving the game.


Thursday night (I didn't get a picture) Nancy and Steve watched the boys for us so we could meet up w/ our friends Lindsey and Joe.  We went to dinner for BBQ, walked around the mall then went back to their place and played games. We played this game called Scribblish, it was tons of fun.  I'm not going to explain the rules, but it's kind of like the game "telephone" but through pictures.  The top phrase and picture is what it was supposed to be, but as it went, you can see how it changed.  Cam's picture was a huge hit, can you guess which one was his? We didn't get home until past 1 AM.  We had so much fun hanging out w/ them again.  Thanks Longs for babysitting! 

Friday we hung out at the house and the boys had a great time playing w/ rocks.  Saturday we helped move a bunch of furniture and then the Longs babysat while the boys napped so Cameron and I could go shopping.  We left Sunday and made it home in about 10 1/2 hours.  The boys were really good!  I was surprised b/c for some reason our portable dvd player wouldn't work, so I thought for sure they would whine and complain, but they didn't!  Connor was the one who didn't nap on the way home at all, and you know what?  I think he talked the whole time!  Either to us, to Cade or just to himself, he just talked and talked.  Anyways, we had a fun time.  I'm glad we were able to visit w/ Grandma and Papa for a week, thanks ya'll for letting us come!

1 comment:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Cade and Connor are so cute! I like how you've been fixing their hair. Nancy looks great in the pics so do you! Sounds like ya'll had fun!