Friday, February 18, 2011

Potty Training

Last Monday, February 7th, I decided to start potty training Cade! He was so ready, he would come to me all the time and say, "I wet" or "I stinky." We went to the store and picked out underwear and a potty seat, Cade had a lot of fun and got very excited.

The first time I sat him down, he was so excited but was too scared to actually do anything. Finally after a few tries he peed, I got so excited and that made him want to keep doing it over and over again! So, Monday and Tuesday he did amazing! He even started going to the bathroom on his own, w/o telling me! Wednesday he was a little thrown off b/c I babysat a couple of kids and he just wanted to play the whole time. He wanted nothing to do w/ wearing his underwear or going potty in the toilet and through temper tantrums when I refused to put a diaper on him! The same day he continued this behavior, until.... I was changing Connor's diaper and decided I would ask him if he wanted to go potty. He jumped up, said, "Uh huh!" and ran to the potty. As soon as he sat down I could see that look in Cade's eye, you know, jealousy! My plan worked!! He said he wanted to go potty too, and has been doing great ever since! The only thing is he has not gone #2 in the toilet yet, he just waits until nap time or night time when he has a diaper on and goes, kind of frustrating, but we're still working on that. I kept him naked pretty much all day, and I noticed whenever I put underwear on him is when he would have his accidents. So far he has only had one poop accident in his underwear and several pee, but nothing for that last 3 days!! So he is doing great! I'm so proud of him!

Isn't he so cute in his undies?


Cade finished his first pee chart today!! So, later we are going to go pick out a toy at the store! He's pretty excited, or at least I know I am ;)

3 comments:

Merideth Sullivan said...

Good job! Potty training is a tough job but it is SO SO worth it. I love not changing diapers anymore. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Gooo cade i'm so proud of him!!

Gennaveeve said...

YAY!!!! It's amazing how excited we get over bowel movements isn't it? =)