Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving '10

I hosted Thanksgiving again this year, it was a lot of fun. We had Cam's brother and his family, Dave, Lisa, Mason, Ellie and Cassidy over. We also got to have my cousins Tyler and Lauren and one of her roomies come, they go to BYU. (Actually I think we figured out they are my 2nd cousins once removed? They're my mom's cousin's kids.)
This was the table set-up. Just imagine all the place setting looking like the picture below. I took the picture too late, people had already been using their mugs for the yummy wassle Cameron made.


The kid's table. It worked out perfect having this!

These were some of the appetizers we had. Dave and Lisa brought the cheese ball, spinach dip, and homemade salsa. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread, pumpkin cranberry muffins, artichoke dip and Cameron made 7 layer dip and wassle.

Nancy gave me this tiered plate holder (I don't know what it's called), which was gold and I spray painted black. I thought it turned out great, I think it's going to come in very handy! Oh, I forgot to take picture of the desserts but, Dave and Lisa brought a pumpkin pie and Lauren brought a yummy chocolate mouse cake.

I tried a new recipe for my turkey. Martha Stewart made her Thanksgiving cookbook available online for free this year. So, I thought I would try out her Herb Roasted Turkey. (I don't think her cookbook is available anymore.)

Here's how it turned out.


Cameron carving up the bird! I am so mad though, I totally forgot to take a picture of all the food together! We had so much yummy food. I made: Turkey, Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and frozen fruit salad. Dave and Lisa brought: yummy homemade dressing, a green salad, rolls, punch, and like last year they made yummy gravy from the turkey drippings.

Connor, I'm not sure if more ended up on the floor or in his mouth? I meant to take a picture of the kids eating at the little table, but I totally forgot.

Dave, Cassidy, Lisa, Ellie and Mason.

My cousins Tyler and Lauren. They stayed and played games and talked until 1 AM!! We had so much fun w/ them!

I never did get a picture of the boys w/ us, but at least I remembered to take one w/ Cameron. :)
I hope ya'll had a good Thanksgiving, b/c we sure did!

Well until Cade woke up and didn't want to go back to sleep :) He was a grump! This was the only picture I have of Cade from Thanksgiving, so I had to add it!

1 comment:

Janel said...

It looks like your Thanksgiving was a great success! All your decorations looked great, and you look so cute! Your turkey looks yummy! s