Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MICKEY MOUSE!

I took Cade to Kid2Kid (a kid's consignment store) the Saturday after Thanksgiving to see Mickey Mouse. He was pretty excited. Especially when I took him the day before because I had it stuck in my head that it was Saturday (but it was actually Friday, I am just not used to having Cameron home during the week, so all day Friday I kept thinking it was Saturday.) We actually all went together Friday and Cade was very disappointed when he didn't get to see "Mouse." We had to buy him a cheap toy to calm him down and I promised him he'd get to visit him the next day. Anyways, I took him alone the next day, on the "real" Saturday. He was so excited about the idea of seeing Mickey, he was excited when he saw him through the glass, but when it came to the time to walk through the door he was scared! He has a slight smile in this picture, he was trying to enjoy it.

But, after a couple of pictures he couldn't stand it anymore. He wanted to leave! So, we walked around the store to check out the deals. As we did so, he kept asking, "Mouse go?" And when we'd turn around a corner where he could see Mickey he would cry and run back down the isle to get as far away as possible. He was even too terrified to leave the store b/c he didn't want to have to walk past Mickey again. I had to bundle him in my arms and cover his face so he wouldn't see him. Anyways, he loved the idea of seeing Mickey and loved talking about him after. Too bad he just didn't enjoy it during...

No comments: