Thursday, February 4, 2010

TN VI: Cam's 27th Birthday!!

Yes, that's right. Cameron turned 27!!!! He's sooo old!! haha I made his favorite two layer, yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting. And, I even decorated it myself :)

We were all wondering if we were all going to burn up in flames....

No we were fine, we just had to air out the room for a few hrs. j/k Cam!!! You're not old ;) Just older than me.

Cade enjoying the cake and ice cream.

So, I guess I should explain how exactly we were able to get to TN. We were stressing out about having to spend so much money on tickets to go. Our good family friend, Amy, found out and told us we could have her tickets that she won in a raffle for AirTran Airways. I had never heard of them before, but hey, they were free right?! So, I looked in to it, it ended up that the closest airport to SLC that AirTran flies out of would be Denver and then we would have to fly to Atlanta. So, we decided that would be just fine b/c buying tickets through Southwest to Denver would still be a lot cheaper than all the way to Nashville. And, Amy lives in Atlanta, so we decided we would just stay the night w/ her and her family and they could take us to meet my family half way from Nashville. So that worked out great.
I also decided that I wanted to stay an extra 2 weeks compared to Cameron too. So, we had to figure out a way to get him to Atlanta. We decided he would fly out Jan. 2nd (the day after his birthday). So, we thought it would be a wonderful idea to go to Atlanta Jan. 1st, on Cam's birthday, and stay the night!!! It turned out great. Momma allowed us to leave the boys w/ her and Daddy drove us to Chattanooga and my Grandma allowed us to use her car. Spencer and Dallas get discounts from Marriott hotels b/c they valet park for the, so we got a $35 room in Atlanta, just me and Cameron. It was so fun to have time to our selves. We went to the Underground Atlanta, which is a mall all underground, pretty cool, and had lunch. We went back to the hotel, rested and went to a wonderful BBQ restaurant called Fox Brothers BBQ, it was really good! Anyways, the next morning I took Cameron to the airport and I headed back to TN. We had a great time. Thanks Momma, Daddy, Grandma and Amy!!! Sadly, the above picture was the only one we took of our little trip together.
Anyways, happy birthday Cameron! I love you so much, and I feel so blessed to be your wife.

No comments: