Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving ever! Which means...I also made my first turkey ever! Yes, it was a little stressful and very scary, the scariest part for me was the turkey. But, the turkey turned out great, if I do say so myself. So, we decided to have Thanksgiving at our house this year because Cameron's parents spent the holiday in Arizona. We had my brother, Dallas, and my cousin, Robby, visiting from Rexburg and Cameron's brother, Dave and his family, Lisa, Mason and Ellie over. It was a lot of fun and turned out great. Lisa split the sides, so no, thanks to her I didn't have to make all the food by myself.

Here is the finished product! It was yummy.

The table setting. By the time I went to the store to get a Thanksgiving table cloth they were all out, so I had to settle w/ a yellow party table cloth. Oh and we only have a small 4 seater table right now, so we put a card table next to it to add more space.

I told Cameron that it was the man's job to cut the turkey, so here he is!

All the yummy food: Turkey, gravy, rolls, scallop potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a frozen fruit salad. Lisa brought the best homemade stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls and a pumpkin pie.

Thanks to Lisa and Dave we had a lot of gravy! I basted the turkey every 30 minutes w/ stuff I made the night before. So, by the time the turkey was done there were A LOT of dripping on the bottom of the pan. They used it all, and here it is! We split the left overs of the gravy, there was tons, but it was good!

My first ever apple pie, Cameron says he made it just b/c he mixed the apples and the sauce, I made, together. haha Oh, I also made 2 double stuffed pumpkin pies, kind of like a cheesecake pumpkin pie.

Lisa, Mason and Ellie.

Dallas, Robby, Cade and Connor.

1 comment:

Janel said...

The food looks yummy! It looks like you guys had lot's of fun. Britt, you need to post your pictures of your housing. I've been waiting so patiently:). I am so bummed I don't get to see you. Love ya!