Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Big Launching

I promised my father-in-law, Steve, I would make a blog entry about his big accomplishment of refinishing this fishing boat. He bought it November 2008, so it took about a year to finish it. We celebrated by having this big boat launching party on October 19th of this year. I don't actually have a before picture of his boat, but trust me, it looked nothing like the finished product. Steve gave a speech about his journey and then told us what he decided to name the boat. He decided on "Sea Biscuit," after one of his favorite books. The theme, or should I say moral, of the story is, "just because a life is a little broken up, doesn't mean you have to throw that life away." Good thing he thought there was potential in this boat, anyone else really would have thrown it away! It's pretty amazing how good it looks now! It looks brand new.

These are all the people who came for the big event. Many friends of Nancy and Steve's and Geoff (Cam's brother), his wife Erin and us.

Putting it in the lake, "is is going to float?!" was the big question that evening. And yes, it did.


I was brave and trusting enough to be one of the 1st to get in.

Cade sitting in the boat, he was a little scared.



Cam's turn!



Geoff decided he wanted to take Cade out for a spin. Connor watching everybody.

Papa Steve and Cade, he loves Papa!

No comments: