Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree....

I continued the tradition I started last year in making the kids an ornament for the tree. This is Connor's ornament to celebrate his 1st Christmas. I got a plain wooden snowman and modge podged scrapbook paper on it. I think it turned out pretty good, it was a lot harder than Cade's last year though!

This is Cade's for this year. It was soooo hard to get him to hold his hand still enough to make it, good thing Cameron was there to help!

We only had our 4 foot tree from previous Christmas's, I didn't think that would work so well in our new house, so I bought a tree. I really wanted to get a real tree, but we're leaving the 19th to go to TN and I didn't want to have to take it down before we left, so I settled for this beautiful pre-lit tree. So, I finally got around to decorating our tree the 3rd! I didn't have a tree topper so I got one from Hobby Lobby the next day, (I complained to Cameron that we didn't have one and he asked what happened to the one we had last year! haha We still had it, but it's only like an inch long, I didn't think that would work so well haha) I made Cameron put it on. He doesn't help decorate the tee, so I like to save the tree topper and make him a part of it some how.
My boys!!! I love these guys!
A close up. If you know me well, then you know I love watching Good Things Utah pretty much everyday. They have the best ideas. They said it's all about layering this year when trimming your tree. This is one example they gave in stacking 3 different ribbons together, holding them together w/ wire and then sticking them in empty spots in the tree. Here's what it looked like when I did it! I really like it.
Here's the finished product. I should give a few thanks to Nancy, who gave me the beautiful ball ornaments and a few others and my mom who gave me pretty much all the other little ornaments.

1 comment:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

That's a cute idea to make ornaments for them each year. I should do that...no I'm too lazy ;)