Monday, December 15, 2008

Picture time!

I haven't posted pictures in quite a while, so hopefully this will make up for the past couple of months.

California Trip
So my mother-in-law, Nancy, decided she wanted to go to CA to visit her mom and sister. So Sunday night, Nov. 9th, she asked me if I would like to drive to Camarillo, CA with her the next morning and stay until Saturday. I thought it sounded fun to go to CA, where it was sunny and warm, but I thought it would be very stressful to get all packed in one night. But, I thought it was worth it to try, so I got all packed and we left at 7 am. 14 hours later, with a 1 1/2 hr traffic jam for 3 mls b/c of a horrible RV wreck, we finally made it. Oh, I forgot to mention, I was carsick from Las Vegas to Camarillo. As soon as we drove off the exit to Camarillo and were waiting at a stop light, I guess my body couldn't hold it in any longer and I threw up right out the car window infront of several other cars. I get extra carsick when I am pregnant, but Nancy had no idea at this point that I was prego yet. So, she just thought I was crazy or something. Sorry Nancy. (We were keeping it a secret until right before we went home for Thanksgiving) Cade was wonderful, on the trip. Thankgoodness.
Tuesday-We went shopping and out to eat for lunch. Wednesday-Nancy and Aunt Linda took us to a beautiful beach nearby, I can't think of what it's called right now, sorry. Thursday-Come to find out, my sister Camilla was visiting my Uncle Mike in Long Beach for 11 days. So, Camilla drove about an hr and 1/2 or so to pick me up and take me all the way back with her. We went to a fresh sea food restraunt right on the ocean that night. Friday-Camilla, Cade and I hung out all day. We went to In n Out for lunch and finally Uncle Mike came home. We picked up his girls later and went to this yummy restaraunt, the Moonshadows Blue Lounge, over looking the beautiful ocean in Malibu. They took me back to Camarillo and met up w/ Nancy. We went home, packed and Saturday morning we left. The drive home took 12 hours, 2 hrs shorter. Cade was good, but not as great as on the way there. Thanks Nancy for letting me go with you, it was a lot of fun!!



Thanksgiving/Tennessee Trip
I mentioned before that I had not been home for Thanksgiving for 7 years, since I was a senior in high school. So, this year we decided to go home to TN since we were finally both out of school and I was done teaching. Cameron was able to go for a week while Cade and I stayed an extra week. We left at 5:30 p.m. Monday Nov. 24th so Cameron was able to get in some work. We arrived at 12:30 a.m. Thanks Momma and Daddy for picking us up! Tuesday morning Bonny, Chad and her kids came over to break to news to my family about me being pregnant. Bonny was the only one that knew I was pregnant, I needed someone to confide in until we told Cameron's family Sunday before we came home. She had told my parents that she was pregnant, just to throw them off. They thought it was a secret and that she was coming over to break the news to us about "her" pregnancy. She made t-shirts for her kids to wear, which I regret now that I didn't take pictures. They said on the front, "Mommy's not really pregnant, but..." and on the back, "Aunt Bitt Bitt is!" (that's what they call me) My mom wouldn't read them at first because she thought she knew what they said. But, when she finally did read them she freaked out! haha She was really excited, along w/ the rest of my family. Most of them didn't believe it, b/c I have a baby! But anways... We mostly hung out the whole time, went out to eat a few times. Wednesday night the boys went to play basketball and then Thanksgiving morning they played touch football. Yeah, Cameron said he was soo sore for a while after that. Thanksgiving day was wonderful!! We had tons and tons of yummy food. I got to see a lot of my extended family that I haven't seen in a while, some that hadn't even met Cade and Cameron yet. There were about 27 ppl or so all together. It was a lot of fun. Friday morning we went to the temple (the ppl old enough) and then did some shopping. Cameron was getting really sick w/ his head cold by this time, momma got the stomach flu and threw up at the temple. Cade and I caught both of these sicknesses while there, so that was not fun. Cameron left Monday :( Tuesday night Bonny, Momma and I went to watch Twilight. I thought it was pretty good, but the book is definitely better! The rest of the time we just hung out, got sick, recovered and just had fun!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cute pics, Britt! It looks like you had a great time with your family. so fun!