Friday, April 15, 2011

Pacifier Free Zone!!!

We finally have a pacifier free house!!!  (As I'm writing this post, Connor can see the pictures and is screaming, "My Nana!!" and hitting me. He calls his blankets by the same name, I think he came up w/ it from referring to it w/ "Night, Night," maybe?)  Anyways, last Tuesday, April 5th, was the first day he went w/o it.  The first few days, for nap time and nighttime he had a hard time falling to sleep.  He cried a lot, and finally cried himself to sleep.  He still has a little bit of a withdrawal.  I've been wanting to get rid of it for a while now, just didn't want to go through the process.  He had been waking up a lot during the middle or the night or early morning crying screaming for his paci!  Finally early Tuesday morning I got up to help him find it, I couldn't find it anywhere!  That's when I decided we would no longer be using the pacifier.  The searches for a paci every nap and night time was exhausting!  Waking up to help him find it, ughh!!!  I was done!  You know the odd thing?  Usually throughout the day, everyday, Connor would come across a pacifier in some random spot in the house (He usually only used a paci for naps and bedtime).  We hadn't found one anywhere up until a couple of days ago, which made it a lot easier to keep them away from him :)  Connor found one today, I wasn't paying attention, and he must've been sucking on it for, what, 10 minutes, at least, before I took it from him.  He was not a very happy little man.  I've felt bad b/c the past 3 days he's been so sick, and it would've been so nice to just give him his paci for comfort.  But, I've been strong and resisted the temptation.  Here are a few pictures I found w/ his plug in his mouth...


Cade took these last 3.  He loves to take my camera, w/o my knowledge, and take pictures.  These are some I found on there a couple of weeks ago.



Connor was so cute and sweet w/ his paci, it really made him feel like my little baby.  He was so cute when he tried to talk w/ it still in his mouth, or when he'd quickly take it out to say something and instantly put it back it.  Or, when he just sat there rubbing his face w/ his blankie and sucking on his paci at the same time, so sweet!  I was actually a little sad to take it away.  But, the negatives outweighed the cuteness. 

1 comment:

Gennaveeve said...

It's hard I know! For my boys it was a bottle, they LOVED the bottle! You'll be so grateful you did though, I have to get rid of the bottle for Brennan soon and am NOT looking forward to that. Luv ya!