Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The rest of March, and into April...

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately...

A while back, we had the opportunity to watch baby Cora (Geoff & Erin's) for a few hours, we loved it, especially the boys!  This is how I was able to get her to sleep!  She's so sweet.

Ok, I just had to share this!  He's such a little cutie!  He was posing for the picture saying, "Cheeth!" (Cheese)

Then he decided to fun away from me, so of course I had to take a picture of his chubby bum!

I tried to catch Connor still asleep, but by the time I got my camera and came back to take a picture, this is how I found him.

He didn't know what to think about having a camera in his face right when he woke up.

During General Conference a couple of weekends ago, we entertained the boys with a conference packet.  This is one of the activities found in the packet.  They were entertained for a couple of minutes anyways ;) 


Last Wednesday the boys and I planted some seeds for chives.  We got a couple of packs from the yogurt I bought them.  They had the directions and told us everything we needed.


The boys were not very good at pouring water.  It got everywhere!

And yes, those are Cade's undies and pants on the counter.  He had just gone potty and didn't want to wait to plant his seeds before putting them back on.

I got the boys a couple of bubble wands from the dollar store.  Of course they broke one before we even got to play w/ it.  And!  While I was in the house cleaning some glass that broke, they decided they needed more bubbles and poured out the whole big bottle of bubbles that I had just bought, that day!  Good thing it was just a dollar, right?




We got this beauty from my in-laws when they moved.  I really do love it!  It's an antique children's pedal car, I believe it's from the 50's.  But, I decided we needed to get rid of it.  It just took up space in our garage, and every time the boys played w/ it they hurt themselves.  It's made of really sturdy tin, just like cars back then.  It's missing the 2 wooden ladders and the chain for the bell and it's really pretty rusted, other than that it's in great working condition!  So, I did a little bit of research to see what people was saleing these cars for, it ranged from about $35 to close to $300, depending on the quality.  I didn't think ours was too bad off, so I decided to put it for sale on KSL for $100, thinking I'd get $50, maybe $75.  While I was posting the add, I got a call!  He offered $50 w/o seeing pictures (I was posting the pics while he called).  I told him I was hoping for a little more ;) and told him to maybe check out the pictures first.  About 10 minutes later I got another call, this mad offered $85, which was more than I expected!  But, since it was still early I figured why not try for more?  I told him I'd like to wait and see if I can get more and I'd let him know.  He didn't want to wait and see, so he offered the full price!!  What?!  I took it, but now I'm just wondering how much more I could've gotten out of this thing!  I mean, it was sold w/ in 10 minutes of posting the add.  I got several more calls later, but had to tell them it was sold.  Anyways, turns out this man has just gotten into restoring old toys and wants to get new ladders and a chain for this car.  Display it on a shelf in his garage and then pass it down in his family w/ time.  Cool right?!




Silly Connor!  He was actually screaming for help until I took this picture.  Somehow he got stuck like this!

A few nights ago, the boys both wanted to wear the "Melmo" pjs, so I decided to split up the pjs so they both had a little of both.  They didn't want to compromise at the time, but they both were happy by the end.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I bet you could have gotten more for it but hey that is still awesome! I wuld like to see it restored!

Dana Scarbrough said...

We did parts of that packet and the puppets- Caleb LOVED them! I wished they had all 15!

One Happy Family said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you got rid of that! I would have loved to have something like that. Are your in laws okay that you got rid of it? Had it been in the family? Email me and let me know.