Friday, August 21, 2009

Our Anniversary Day Festivities

Yesterday was out Anniversary and it was a crazy, busy day! I started out the morning going shopping for a couple of outfits at Ross because I wanted to look nice, and nothing fits me due to having a baby 2 months ago. They didn't let me take the buggy into the dressing room with me, which was dang annoying because I had both kids with me and a lot of shirts I wanted to try on. So, I had to unpack everything and carry everything, and everybody, into a dressing room. Cade did not want to stay in the room with me, he kept crawling under the door and "exploring" who know what! It was so frustrating. But, I found two wonderful shirts that looked pretty good :)

After I got home I changed into one of my new outfits and went up stairs to my wonderful neighbor's apartment, who helped me make this yummy fruit bouquet the night before. We had a primary presidency meeting that lasted until about 9 p.m. and then she and another counselor helped me make this, which we finished around 10 p.m. Cameron just thought we were having the meeting the whole time. Anyways, yesterday I had to stick all the chocolate covered strawberries into the bouquet to finish it up. Thanks Gennaveeve for letting me store everything at your house and for helping me! You're wonderful! Cameron and I planned on meeting up for lunch, so after I finished I went to his office to surprise him. I called just before I got there and told him to meet me at the restaurant. Instead I met him at his car with the fruit bouquet as he was about to drive out :) He was happy and surprised, today finished up the last of the fruit.

We went to Moochies Meatballs and More for lunch. It's a restaurant in SLC that was featured on Guy's Drive-in, Diner's and Dives on the Food Network. They specialize in making authentic Philly cheese steak sandwiches and meatball subs. Both Cameron and I got a foot long Philly. It was pretty good, but both of us could only finish half, so now we have lunch for today too! After lunch I rushed home to get Cade down for a nap, Connor fed and then up to Gennaveeve's (Thanks again, you're the best!) to babysit so......

I could get my haircut! That's right I did it! I decided I would get it done on our anniversary to surprise Cameron, since he has been wanting me to cut it for a while. So this is a before picture of the front of my hair. (I had been wearing it up, so it looks horrible!)

The before picture of the back of my hair (again, it looks really bad b/c it was pulled up).

Ta da!! My new hair! Blonde and short! She cut more than 10 in. off! It doesn't look that great b/c it's flat, you'll see more pictures on down.

The back of my hair.

My hair took 3 hours to finish so it ruined my plan to be at home waiting for Cameron to walk in the door and to surprise him with my new hairstyle :( Cameron got home an hr and 1/2 before I did. He had to go pick up the boys from Gennaveeve, take care of them and wait around until I got home. I felt so bad! We were also late for our dinner plans. Again, I am so sorry Cameron and Lisa. But, when I did get home Cameron said he liked my hair so much better than before and thought it looked really good. I saw these flowers and a card sitting on the table waiting for me. Which means, I missed out on the excitement of Cameron walking through the door handing them to me personally. Ugh, my plan did not work at all!!! But, these are beautiful flowers and I was still happy to get them.

After we got everything ready to go we headed out the door to Lisa's, so she could babysit (thank you sooo much Lisa, you're great, anytime you need us, we're here!) while we had dinner together at...

Red Lobster!! Yummy! One of my favorite restaurants. We got a plenta colada (called that because it's so big!).

And two variety platters. It was soo good! I loved every bit of it. Cameron doesn't enjoy it as much as I do, so thanks Cameron for taking me, I love you :)

Oh and this is me posing to show of my new hairstyle and outfit :)

So, yesterday was such a busy day for me, so rushed but, we had a great time actually getting to be alone together, it was so nice. I can't believe 4 years ago yesterday we were at the temple getting married for all time and eternity, wow, how time flies! I love you Cameron, here's to another wonderful year!

10 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I LOVEEEEEEE your hair!! It is darn cute, and I LOVE the outfit you picked out, were those the jeans you got? So cute!

Gennaveeve said...

Your hair is freaking adorable! I'm glad that you got some time to yourselves! Anytime you need me to watch the boys we'll be happy to!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Wow, what a day! Your hair makes you look so young! Beautiful roses, and I totally saw that episode about Moochies on Diners Drive Ins and Dives! Love that show! Also, just a tip- if you have a stroller you can take it in at Ross- at least I did this week! So you would probably need a double stroller or something- but hey at least you could keep Cade still for a minute!!! You're a super mom of two! Yay for wonderful babysitters!!!! Congrats on the anniversary!

Lisa said...

Glad you guys had a nice day! Your hair looks great!

Erika said...

Brittany your hair is beautiful! I love it so much. You look a lot younger. Happy Annivesary! I can't beleive its already been 4 years!!! I still remember when you two were dating. OH SNAP those we're good times! haha. love you both!

Janel said...

First off, I could totally picture the whole store scene with two kids. Ha ha! You are one brave girl! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. It looks stinkin' cute on you. Nice outfit to. I want to learn to make a fruit basket what a fun idea!

Lindsey said...

I love your hair!! I knew it would look good short on you. You look great in that last picture!!

Jenny said...

You look beautiful, Brittany!! Sounds like you had a busy but fun day...minus the whole Ross experience. I can't believe they didn't let you take the cart in! I would have laughed and asked them are they serious!

Last picture is great! Cute outfit and a great new do to go with it!

Brittany said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I am really enjoying my new hair style! It's so easy and feels great, I still can't believe that there is no hair touching my back! And yes Bonny, those jeans are what I got when I was on the phone w/ you at Costco. Dana that's good advice, next time I'll have to take my stroller, why it matters I don't know?!?! I actually did look at the lady and ask if she was serious, but Jenny you would've been a lot nicer than I was, there was no laughter in my voice or smile on my face when I said it haha. And finally Erika, lets see some pictures of your short hair! Thanks again everyone!

One Happy Family said...

Ahhh...you look GREAT! Nothing like a new haircut and an equally cute new outfit to make you feel great!