Monday, August 24, 2009

Leah's Visit and Activities (WARNING: Picture Overload)

I figured it was about time I finish up blogging about Leah's visit. She was here from July 3rd until July 31st! We loved having here here, she was such a big help. She woke up with Cade every morning so I could sleep in and gave him breakfast. She pretty much changed every single diaper of his, and most of them horribly stinky :) She was also the one who bathed and put him to bed each night. Like I said, it was wonderful having her here, it was a nice break for both Cameron and I. We didn't know how we were going to survive without her here, somehow we've made it though, barely ;)

There are a lot of pictures, so bare w/ me. I decided to do it all in one big post rather than several. These are all the activities we did while she was here, after Momma left.

Me and Leah

We went to Gateway mall in SLC and played in the fountain, Leah loved it, Cade...not so much.

He would rather watch than participate.

We went to our apartment pool almost everyday. Cade had a blast with Leah in the pool, it was nice for me too b/c I got to lay out and relax most of the time.

Cade's teeth, he now had 4 up top and 4 on bottom.

On Friday, July 24th, Pioneer Day, we went to Bountiful's handcart day fair. Leah got to ride her first pony, Cade did not want to even pose for the picture!

She got her face painted, which she ended up sleeping in and wanted to wear it to my friend's wedding reception the next day. haha Luckily it smeared off in her sleep.

July 25th was my old roommate's, Jenna, wedding reception. It was kind of a roommate reunion for all of us. L to R: Janel, Carly, Jenna, Erika, and me! It was so fun seeing all of them, I wish we could get to see each other more often.

During the reception Cade ran around non-stop meeting everyone, I mean EVERYONE, there! He enjoyed himself more than anyone there I'm sure. Leah was so good to keep up with him the whole time so I could enjoy myself.

Cameron and Connor, I love this picture!

That next Monday Janel and her daughter Brooklynn came over to visit. We spent most of our time at the pool. Leah watched Cade and Brookie for us so we could just sit and chat, it was great!

Janel, Brooklynn and me with Cade and Connor. I LOVE you Janel, I miss you soo much!

Tuesday we went to Liberty Land, a small amusement park in Lehi. Leah had a great time, this was probably one of her favorite activities. Frog hopper was her favorite ride there, she rode it several times.

She took Cade down this blowup slide.

She rode the go-carts SEVERAL times!

They rode the carousel, Cade was scared of course.

They got to fly an airplane! Cade liked this ride a lot.

They played in a blowup bouncer and played basketball.

Leah rock climbed, she was really good at it.

So was Cade ;) Who was better? I still can't decide.

He loved walking around in the harness.

His favorite ride, and buddy.

They rode a rocket ship!

He walked around and visited everyone, of course.

They even got to drive a train! They had a great time!

We took Leah to Red Robin for a thank you dinner. We forgot a sippy cup so Cade drank out of this huge water bottle, he thought he was such a big boy!

Thursday we went to Brigham City to visit Janel at her Grandparents house.

We went to their city pool, the kids loved it.

Friday we said goodbye to Leah :*( Leah, saying bye to Cade.

Saying goodbye to Connor.

We went to the distribution center on our way to the airport so Leah could get some scriptures. Cameron met us there so he could say bye.

Bye Leah, we love you so much. We had a great time with you here, and we miss you, come back soon! Thank you for everything.

3 comments:

Janel said...

I miss you too! It was soooo good to see you and actually get to spend some time with you. Send Leah my way. Everybody needs a leah. She so great with kids!

The Brogdon's said...

Oh my heck it looks like you guys had so much fun together. The other night was so much fun, we will have to do it again soon

Erin + Geoff said...

Leah, you are good auntie! I bet Cade misses you so much! and Britt too of course! I loved this picture overload post Brittany! Just like the one I just did with all the events of our summer. It just has to be that way sometimes!