Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cade's 1st Birthday!!!

Cade's birthday was last week, Wednesday, June 9th. I can't believe he just turned 1 year old! Happy birthday my baby boy, I sure love you. Cade has been such a joy to have in our lives, he's constantly smiling and on the go, he has the funniest little personality. I had put off getting everything needed for Cade's birthday party til after I was done watching Carter. Monday and Tuesday after I finished watching him were busy days, running to and from different stores, decorating and making his yummy birthday carrot cake cupcakes. I was totally worn out! But anyways....his birthday party turned out great! Cade had a blast with everyone so, thanks to everyone that came!
Our little birthday boy!!!
This picture actually wasn't taken on Cade's birthday, I took it so I could have a birthday picture to show at his birthday party. I thought it was adorable!
Cade's birthday breakfast of cottage cheese and fruit. He loved eating it all by himself, this was the 1st time he tried a spoon (it ended up on the floor).
The birthday decorations. I decided to go with green and white instead of a theme. Above the table is a collage of Cade's monthly pictures I put together.
I had the hardest time trying to decide on what kind of cake to make and how to decorate it. Finally I decided to make these carrot cake cupcakes I found on a cooking blog I follow. I guess she got the recipe from Martha Stewart. They turned out great! The icing had orange zest in it so that was something a little different than a regular carrot cake.
Cade's highchair decorated.
I decorated the coffee table for the kids and some other guests to sit at. Each child received a goody bag and a party hat.
Me and my 2 boys on Cade's 1st birthday! Cade was really enjoying his 1st ever pizza, he loved it!
Cade wondering what to do about the lit candle in front of him. Happy birthday to you....
He didn't hesitate one bit, he knew just what do do to that cupcake.
He looooved his first ever cake!
Us with our BIG BOY!
Dave, Lisa, Cade and his cousins, Ellie and Mason.
Grandma and Cade.

Papa Steve and Cade.
Our good friends, Landon, Merideth and their son Owen with Cade.

2 comments:

Janel said...

What a cute birthday party! Nice work Britt! Cade is a cutie, and I can't wait to meet him and connor next month. I want to see more pics of your sweet new baby. I am sure you'll put some on here soon. Anyway, I need to call you soon and see how your doing with the 2. Your AMAZING!

Lisa said...

That was a fun party!