Monday, February 27, 2012

TN Visit Part I

I finally got to go visit my family again!!  It's been since last April/May that I got to see my family.  The boys and I got to go Thurs. Jan 19th - Sun. Feb 12th!  Cameron hasn't been able to go to TN since 2 Christmas's ago, so he got to meet up w/ us 2 weeks later, Thurs., Feb. 2nd.  We got to do a ton, and it was so nice to be home for so long!!

Dallas invited me to go to my first Nashville Preditor's Hockey games w/ his wife, Paige (they're prego!!!!), and in-laws Saturday, Jan 21st.  It was so much fun, and they had great seats!


Across the way up in a box seat, can you guess who it is?  She's the blonde one and she's married to one of the players.  Carrie Underwood!  Yep, that's the best I got to see of her too, but it was pretty cool she was there too.

Half time was a figure skater jugglings fire.  It was really cool.

I also came across this girl during half-time!  My good friend Danielle.  She said she saw me on the big screen...

that's right, this very same big screen (just imagagine me on it).  I made the big screen, which made my night even more!!  Anways, I was so excited to see Danielle, so we made plans to meet up for lunch later on in my visit.


And finally the ticket, to document the experience.  We got a free frosty after the game b/c they scored more than 4 points (I think they scored 5)!

Leah was nice enough to share her room w/ us while we were there.  Actually, we got to be bed buddies until Cameron got there.  Connor slept in the room w/ us and Gammy and Gampa shared their room w/ Cade.  Aren't they wonderful?!  Cade loved every second of it.

Tuesday we got to go to wrestling match for Hunter and LeGrand.  They focused on the seniors and introduced them along w/ their parents.  It was a pretty proud moment, and they also announced that LeGrand had never been pinned in his whole high school wrestling career.  Pretty cool right?  They also gave them a fleece blanket w/ the Blackman logo and their names and school year on it.

Gammy go the boys ring pops, Connor and Hannah were showing off their tongues.



Dallas came by almost everyday, it really meant a lot to me :)

LeGrand won this match, he's the one to the right.  He had surgery on his knee a while back and it's messing up again :(  But fast forward a few weeks, he got to go to State and placed 2nd, even w/ his bad knee!  Great Job LeGrand!!

Hannah left early w/ the boys, I thought they looked so cute walking out together.

My brother, Spencer, and his wife came to visit from Knoxville for most of the time while I was there.  This is their cute little daughter Kayleen, she is the most petete little thing ever!  She's about 14 months old.


Wednesday I refurbished my mom's end table.  (We were supposed to do that coffee table for my sister Seren too, but I never got around to finishing it).

I painted it a very light aqua blue and added stain to dirty it up.


The pictures aren't the greatest, but it looks a ton better.  My mom got this cute lamp to go on top of it.  Love it!


Me, Momma and Hannah relaxing after all the hard work.

Next to come is my visit to Bonny's in Georgia!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Is Legrand a Senior???? Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip! I am going home in about 2 weeks

benjaminnleslie said...

that's so wonderful that you guys got to spend so much time together!! sweet memories :)