Monday, February 27, 2012

TN Part II (Georgia)

I headed to Bonny's Thursday morning on the MegaBus.  I only paid $20 round trip for Cade and I! (Connor got to stay w/ Gammy). It took me to Atlanta, so Bonny had to pick me up and take me back from Columbus, where she lives.  So here's a little story.  Wednesday we saw on the news that a Mega Bus had been involved in a major accident w/ some of their passengers being sent to the hospital somewhere near Nashville.  We wondered if it would affect my bus but he hadn't heard anything about it.  So, my dad took us to the bus stop at the normal time, although I was only 5 minutes early, rather than the 15 recommended minutes.  I got really worried when the time became 10 after 9 and no Mega Bus in sight!  I called customer service, which didn't know anything, and transfered me a couple times to other people.  Finally, they told me to call back.  After about 40 minutes of waiting we found out they were going to arrive about an hour and 1/2 late.  So, being the nice flexible Daddy/gampa he is, he took us out to breakfast at Panera Bread.  Finally after much stress and anticipation the bus arrived and we were on our way.  When we arrived in Atlanta Bonny couldn't find us b/c of the odd address that Mega Bus supplied us, so after about 30 minutes of searching, we finally found eachother and we headed to her house.

That night Bonny made the most delicious smothered Pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans!  Yum, I'm hungry just thinking about it now.  Then we rented and watched a movie after the kids went to bed.  The next day I was woken up about 6:30 their time (4:30 mine) w/ the kids getting ready for school.  For the life of me I can't remember what we did that morning until we picked the kids up early from school to go eat lunch w/ Chad (Bonny's hubby).  Then we played outside for the next few hours, or the kids did while Bonny and I made button earrings.  That's right!  We went to Hobby lobby before picking up the kids!

I'm so mad I forgot my camera in TN, b/c these are the only pictures I got to take w/ Bonny's camera.  Didn't get any pictures of the 2 of us together though :*(  Bonny has a huge front, back and side yard, and the kids had a blast outside.  Hallie, Cade and Owen were the best little buds, and they were so patiant w/ Cade.






Little Knox! Love this kid!  And, he loved me, apperantly he doesn't go to just anyone, but he would me!








They also have this huge play/sun room.

After playing and crafting, we met up at Chad's work to swim.  He's the aquatics director at the college there.  It was such a fun pool!  Bonny and I swam a few laps after trying out the lazy river for a while.  Then we got dressed ate and left the kids w/ Chad.  He was so nice to get them home and put to bed all on his own!  Bonny and I got to have a girls night and watched One for the Money, a cute chick flick.  We then returned home to watch an Affair to Remember.


The next day, Saturday, we left Knox w/ Chad and headed to Atlanta.  We met up w/ our good family friends, Amy and Stagg Greene, for lunch where they treated us to California Pizza Kitchen.  Yum!  Then our cousin, Anna, met up w/ us and we did some shopping at H&M, some other shops and finally Ikea.  We picked out a few items for my mom, which I brought back that night.  Anna drove me to the bus station and I headed back to TN, they were on time this time. 

We had a great time visiting Bonny and her family!!  I only wish it was a longer visit.  Cade still talks about visiting his cousins and all the fun we had.  Thanks so much for letting us visit.

Connor had the time of his life by himself.  My family were so scared that he'd be horrible and cry the whole time b/c I was gone.  I figured he's actually be better b/c I was gone.  It ended up that I was right!  They said he was so good.  And, Gammy got him a happy meal one day and a Burger King Kid's meal the next.  This is a huge thing for him, I think I've probably bought one for them to share, ever!  Thanks Momma for keeping him for me!
Oh, while I'm on the subject of Bonny, let me show you what she gave me for Christmas!

As soon as I got home I had to find a place for them.  This was one of Bonny's own creations, she came up w/ this idea herself!  Amazing right?

She designed it especially for my 1/2 bath downstairs!  Perfect right?  (FYI, the other picture was her idea too)

Then she made this "L" plaque, I found the perfect spot above my kitchen sink window.  Perfect!  Thanks Bonny!

3 comments:

Bonny Day said...

Oh my gosh, that play room is a mess, you should put that pic that Anna posted on fb of all of us at IKEA

Dana Scarbrough said...

Such a fun trip! And I've never heard of Megabus- but I'm going to look into it now!

Erika said...

Um...Bonny is super creative! I love everything she's made! Soo, so, cute!!!