Friday, October 14, 2011

Connor's Big Boy Bed!

We decided to switch Connor over to a big boy bed Thursday, October 13th.  If it were up to me, I would've kept Connor in his crib forever!  He still hadn't figured out how to climb out of his bed and he loved it.  But, it was broken on the right hand, back side corner.  So, I had to keep it together by leaning it in the corner of the 2 walls.  But, b/c of this Connor was able to easily play w/ his blinds and look out of the window, so the blinds kept breaking! ugh!  And he kept kicking the broken side of his bed and it made a hole/dent in the wall.  Does this make any sense at all?  Anyways, so it was either buy him a new crib or move him into a toddler bed.

I set it up earlier in the day, he wasn't very excited about it.  When he saw what I was doing, he pointed to his crib and said, "No I want my bed, not that bed."

By the time bedtime rolled around, he got a bit more excited, with Cade's help...

Cade was so much more excited than Connor! haha

He even kissed Connor good night.  It was so sweet!

I told Connor and told him to close his eyes and go to sleep.  He certainly pretended to do so!

I only caught him getting up once.  I heard his door open, I walked over to it and found him just standing there.  I got onto him and told him big boys are to stay in their beds.  He said, "Ok Mommy." Got sad (as shown here) and went to sleep.  Never heard another peep until morning.  He's really liking his bed now, he's doing really well w/ it too.

1 comment:

benjaminnleslie said...

awww...how sweet when Cade kissed Connor goodnight :o)