Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Boy's 1st Dentist Appt

We got dental insurance a few months ago, and I finally decided it was time to take the boys to the dentist.  So, last month I finally took them!  They were so excited!  They could not wait to go!  I told them about the fish tank, the play center and the tv on the ceiling.  They were so excited.

They loved the fish.

The guy dental assistant trying to get Cade use to the idea of the vibrating toothbrush thingy.  He wanted nothing to do w/ it.  And would not let the guy work on him at all.

Connor waiting for his turn.  He totally just layed there watching the movie, he will not sit that still at home to watch tv.  It was great!

He was so good for the girl dental assistant.

But, she eventually had to switch w/ the guy, b/c for some odd reason Cade let her work on him.  He was still very hesitant, but a lot better.


And the guy went to Connor.  Connor was so good the whole time!  I was amazed.  The boys were so excited at the end to pick a prize and get a new toothbrush and toothpaste.  It ended up that neither one had any cavities! 


But, Connor (here's a story), last year fell on our kitchen tile and knocked a tooth loose (the top, middle, left tooth) and got a bad bloody nose.  I took him to a dentist to have it checked out.  He said it would be fine and probably tighten back in.  We've noticed the tooth has gotten darker and is still quite a bit loose.  But, I figured it was fine.  So, when they took X-rays this time of his teeth they noticed there is no root to to his poor little tooth at all!  The dentist said he has no idea how it's still hanging in there and hasn't fallen out.  He said he can either pull it now, or we can wait for it to fall out.  Either way, one is eventually going to have to happen.  Probably fall out!  Ugh!  I am so sad to think of Connor's cute little front tooth falling out and him going years w/o one.  I told him we'd just wait.  I'm in no hurry to have a toothless hick running around.  Poor baby!  (This was the best picture I had to show you his tooth)

But, no cavities!  Which is more than I can say for Cameron and I...we both had 3 each, all in molars.  The first cavities I've ever had in my adult teeth (it's been 6-7 years since either one of us have gone to the dentist)!  I had mine filled, and it turned out to be white fillings!  The thing I feared most was to have silver in my mouth, and I didn't have to!  Cameron will be getting his filled soon.  Thank goodness for dental insurance!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That happend to Jenny's kids. MAddie had her front two teeith out for a while. I am not sure i Jake had one or not? I am glad they did so well at the dentist. I do not look forward to taking Gabe!