Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fourth of July Celebrations

Every 3rd of July we have a huge get together at the Longs. They have a cook out and then we watch fireworks at the golf course near their house. We always have tons of fun!
Cade enjoying all the yummy food. I'm not sure if the food ended up mostly in him or on him.

Trying out our mosquito net. Cade thought it was a lot of fun being behind the net.

Our growing family waiting for the fireworks to start.

The Long family!

My mom (Gammy) and Leah came in early that morning so they got to attend the annual party. It was a lot of fun w/ them there. It was such a long wait, about 3 1/2 weeks after having Connor, for them to come. (More to come about there visit)

Papa Teve and Grandma with Cade.

Connor during the firework show.

Gammy and Aunt Leah keeping Cade warm. Ok, actually I think Gammy was trying to use Cade's body heat, for some reason they were freezing!

Cade's face during the fireworks, "eww wuza?"
My Little Firecracker!!!
The next day, the 4th, was my 25th birthday. Cameron and Leah watched the kids for Momma and I so we could go shopping for clothes for me and cake ingredients. Later Momma watched the boys for us so Cameron could take me to dinner. I forgot my camera so I didn't get a picture from our date.
After dinner we rushed back to go to the Long's for cake and presents. Momma made me a yummy ice cream cake but it wasn't completely frozen by the time we had to leave. So, we had this cake that we didn't use from the night before that momma made, a Hawaiian cake, that we used instead. It was yummy, but not nearly as good as the ice cream cake we got to enjoy the next day. I'll add pictures of those later, I forgot my camera so I took them on the Long's camera, I'll have to get those from them :) Thanks momma for the cakes!
Cade enjoyed the cake!
My cute little baby boy, Connor.

I love fireworks, and it doesn't feel quite like my birthday w/o them. So, Cameron bought me some as a birthday present and I put on a little show for the family and some neighborhood kids. It was fun!

No comments: