Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Buh Bye Gammy!

Ok, I know it's been a while since my mom left but I'm just now finishing up her visit. It was so wonderful having her here to visit and help out. She stayed 12 days this time, so it was a few days longer than last year, but it still just flew by and was not long enough. Momma is so fun to have around and busy busy, as you can see in all the past posts. She is a planner and had everything planned and written down in her spiral notebook of everything she wanted to do while visiting. I think we did pretty much everything she planned. My kids loved having her around, especially Cade. She loved holding and taking care of both kids. She woke up with Cade every morning and woke up with Connor at nights. I was really able to catch up on a lot of missed sleep because of that. Connor had previously been waking up every 2 hours!!! So, she only brought him to me once in the middle of the night and early morning, which really helped. Thanks Momma! Oh, she also had me keep him out of my room for now on, so he is sleeping in the hallway now, which has really helped on us both sleeping better now.

We did a lot of other activities while Momma/Gammy was here. We went swimming at my apartment pool almost everyday, we went shopping a few times, we visited her good friend a couple of times, went out to eat a few times (she had to go to Cafe Rio and Jamba Juice), , visited temple square, visited the Longs a few times, hmm...I might add other stuff as I remember, I'm sure Momma will remind me :) We did do something everyday though, it was a very action filled visit.
Momma and Connor, they hit it off from the very start.

Momma's last day, July 14th. Connor was staring at the ceiling for the longest time and eventually...

fell asleep in that same position.

Cade saying goodbye to Gammy.

Bye Momma, I love you!

Connor saying goodbye to Gammy...

Gammy trying to give Connor a kiss goodbye but,...

I guess Connor wasn't satisfied with just a little kiss on the cheek haha He turned his head and planted a big one on Gammy.
Thank you Momma/Gammy, we loved having you here, the boys still miss you! Thank you for coming and helping out so much, I love having you here. Come again soon, PLEASE!!!!

3 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

awww..momma is the best!!!!!! There are some really cute pics of her on here! Love you..now you have to write about your house search, tell everyone about the houses youve looked at and are deciding on how fun

Dana Scarbrough said...

The kissing picture is ADORABLE! Yay for mommas coming when babes are born!!!

Carly said...

Your mom is adorable. You look a lot alike. How great that she was able to come and especially helo you with the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn

Did I see that you are house hunting? How exciting!