Friday, April 10, 2009

When plans fall through...

I was soo looking forward to getting out of the house today. It's finally beautiful weather and I actually had some errands I needed to run. During Cade's nap I got all ready to go and waited, actually anticipating Cade to wake up. Finally he woke up just about the time I was about to eat my lunch. I got him all ready and we both ate. Finally, we were ready to leave. We went out to the car and it wouldn't start! ugh My battery was completely dead. I looked around and realized somehow I had left one of the upper lights on, I don't know when I ever use that...but it was left on. So, I looked in my trunk for my jumper cables, all ready to ask a neighbor to jump start me. They were nowhere to be found! I found the case for it, but no cables! I park under a long carport w/ several other cars. There's a car on either side of me so I decided to go and ask them for help. Neither of them answered! Both of their cars were there and I could hear them in their apts! I am soo frustrated! I didn't know what to do, so I got Cade out of the car and went upstairs to my friends apartment, she's also the Primary President (I'm 2nd counselor if ya didn't know). I knew her and and her husband would help, but they said they didn't have any jumper cables. She was willing to call her sister to borrow cables from, but she lives in Sandy, like 20 minutes away. I told her no, but she seemed really concerned and even offered to let me use their car. I felt bad doing that, and it's a pretty nice car. So, again I said no. But, isn't that sweet. She even just called to check up on me :) Anyways, so I'm stuck here at home and I have no idea where my jumper cables are! I'm just really frustrated. I hate when I look forward to something and it falls through. Sorry to vent, but this is my blog right? haha I'm free to share my feelings, no matter how negative haha. Oh well, I guess I have Cade's second nap to look forward to now....maybe a walk?

No comments: