Friday, March 6, 2009

Cade's 1st Haircut!

Cade's hair has grown so fast. He'll be 9 mths on Monday and he had to have his 1st haircut already. Cameron's family liked to give us a hard time about how long Cade's hair was. For a while Cade's hair style looked like a mullet and finally it filled in. His hair looked great, thick and full. But, we just let it keep growing and growing. Finally it got to the point where his hair was growing over his ears and shirt collars. Anyways, so some people (not mentioning any names) liked to make fun of it and give us a hard time about not getting it cut. So, this past Sunday we decided it was about time to depart from his 1st baby hair and get it cut :(, it was kind of sad. We had Cameron's mom, Nancy, cut it for him. Here are some pictures of the process.

These are before pictures of the front and back of Cade's hair. She had already gotten it wet for the front picture, but you get the idea of how long it was, right?
It looks like Cade has a hairy chest right? haha He was actually really good while Nancy was cutting his hair.


It was a pretty big deal that he was getting his haircut. Everyone wanted to be a part of the big event. Here's everyone crammed together in the bathroom watching.

Cade right after getting his hair cut! He's happy it's finally done.

We gave him a bath and dressed him for bed. He obviously thought he looked great!

This is Cade the next day. Front and side shots.
Candle Craft

This has nothing to do with Cade's haircut, but my mom made me promise I'd put a picture on my blog so she could see. Yesterday I went and spent the afternoon with my sister-in-law, Lisa. She found this great craft idea online and wanted us to try it out.
Supplies: Candles, Napkins (or tissue paper) and modge podge.

We went to Hobby Lobby and got a great deal on 2 candles and bought these cute Easter napkins. I first pulled the layers a part on the napkins until it was just the top layer left and then cut it in half so I only needed to use the bottom half. I put modge podge on the candle, layed the napkin flat on the table and rolled the candle onto the napkin. Touch the napkin as little as possible because it tears if you touch it. Anyways, so this is what it looked like when I finished.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad your candles turned out so cute. I'll have to try again...without touching the napkin so much!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Cute haircut- cute candles!

Dana Scarbrough said...

Well, Phil is student teaching in Layton Utah, so we've been here from Rexburg since December, we didn't think we were going back, but now he'll work and I'll finish up my last few classes! Yay!