Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cade's 4th Month Check-up

Monday was Cade's 4 month check-up. He was a lot better last time after his shots. He has been so whiney the last few days. Tuesday was his worst day, he cried and fussed all day. I was supposed to go make a craft w/ Lisa, my sister-in-law, but I had to reschedule for tomorrow b/c he was so naughty. Luckily, he was ok enough for Cameron and me to have my mother-in-law watch him that night so we could attend the temple.
So since last time he has improved a lot with his reflux problem, well at least the pain part of it. He doesn't really cry anymore during eating, but he still spits up all the time. So, because of this the doctor changed his medication to a pill, Prevacid, which dissolves in his mouth and he only has to take 1/2 a pill once a day. Oh, and it tastes a lot better, he hated the liquid and would spit it out, he had to take it twice a day. The only thing bad about this change is that it is a lot more expensive, so hopefully it fixes the problem quickly.

2 week check-up: 7.81 lbs 24%; 20.75 in 54%; head 14.6 in 48%
2 month check-up: 10.75 lbs 26%; 23.25 in 60%; head 15.7 in 48%
*4.4 month check-up: 13.75 lbs 19%; 25.75 in 71%; head 16.9 in 63%

So he's a skinny little thing, but at least he has hope of being tall, and he's destined to have a huge head.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Prevacid is a wonder drug! I could tell with in a week on both Eli and Jake taking. They cried a lot less! Eli was still really stiff even after taking the pill. It wasn't until3 months or so he stopped being so stiff and now shows NO signs of being in pain because of reflux. (Jake remained stiff until he grew out of it at about 1 year of age) I will say though, I forgot to give Eli his pill one day last week and poor guy was fussy but at night was awful. Crying all night long and wasn't happy unless nursing even and won't sleep. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until Matthew asked me if I gave him his pill that morning. I forgot! I felt awful I caused him such pain all day long and by night her was hurting so badly. My friend who has reflux as an adult told me that it feels like someone is taking a knife to her chest and back and twisting it when she doesn't take her meds. So, long story short, don't skip a dose!

Poor little guy! I hate that for him! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!!

Matthew said...

Okay, sorry I do not know why I was logged in under Matthew's name. Its me Jenny!

Brittany said...

Haha I was wondering who it was at 1st, until you said your kids names. Lindsey told me about your boys have reflux. It really is horrible. Sounds like Eli has it a lot worse though. I'm sorry to hear that. Cade luckily doesn't seem to be in much pain anymore, but he still is spitting up a lot. So you aprove of Pevacid huh? Good to hear. Hopefully it'll work for him. Thanks.