Friday, April 20, 2012

My TV Debut

(Back left: Amy, Lori, Annie.  Front left: Susan, Brianne, Me, Nicea, Gretchen and Cameron)

A month ago yesterday I was on The Daily Dish and Good Things Utah for Mom Mondays.  So, here's the story.  While I was in TN visiting my family, I got a call from Grant, my friend Amy's hubby, who is an intern for ABC4.  He informed me that the shows were starting up Mom Mondays where twice a month moms come in and share a couple of their recipes for the shows.  Usually they have restaurants come in.  He said he had told the girls from the show about me and they wanted me to send in some recipes.  So, I did and then I didn't hear from them for a few weeks.  But, remember last post when I talked about going to the show for my friend Annie?  Well, after the show, on my way out, I heard Grant tell the girls who I was and Nicea yelled, "Oh that was the Mommy blogger?!"  I turned around and started talking to them.  Nicea said she wanted me on the show and she was going to email me w/ in the week.  By the time I got home I already had an email from her in my inbox waiting for me!  She said she was serious when she said she wanted me on the show and would March 19th work for me to be on both shows?  Um, of course!!  And she wanted me to share my Taco Soup and Enchilada Casserole recipes.  So after a few more emails and calls, I was all set and ready to appear on the show.  Was I nervous you ask?  Um, yeah!!!  I tried to avoid thinking about going on tv for the next couple of weeks until the day came.  A couple of nights before going on the show I couldn't sleep b/c I had such bad dreams about forgetting my groceries to make the food w/ and having to send someone out for last minute items.  Totally making a fool of myself and yeah, all that stuff.  The next night (before the show) I prayed that I'd be able to sleep and not have bad dreams, and you know what?  It worked!  I slept like a baby, and the next morning I woke up well rested all ready for the show.  Cameron sent the boys off to a friends to be babysat (and later to be picked up by one of my old yw to watch them at my house, thanks ya'll).  My good friend Lori picked all of my supporters up and we left and made it to the show w/ plenty of time to get ready.

 
Cameron was nice enough to take the day off to help out and support me.  Here we are getting ready for the taco soup segment for The Daily Dish.

Three of the four girls who came to support me.  Annie, Amy and Lori (she was the one who put my outfit together too!).

Almost ready for my segment to start.  As soon as the turned the camera to me to talk to to me (before my actual segment) I had a little panic attack.

But once the real segment started I just pretended it was just me and the girls in the kitchen and did a lot better than I thought I would.

After the show we stayed and ate some taco soup and enchilada casserole along w/ the cast and crew.  I had a great time, but man am I glad it's over!  Would I do it again?  In a heartbeat, but dang it's nerve racking!  Thanks to my all my friends and Cameron and came to help out and support me, it made a world of difference. 

Here are the links to watch my segments if you want: Daily Dish Taco Soup and Good Things Utah Enchilada Casserole.

4 comments:

The Nielsons said...

What a cool, nerve-racking, and fun experience! You look like a natural :)

Katie said...

That's so awesome Brittany! You looked so cute!

Janel said...

You did awesome! You really seemed so comfortable up there. I love the picture of Cam helping you out in the kitchen!

benjaminnleslie said...

how awesome!! Oh man I would've been a nervous wreck in your position! What a cool experience though! (and you looked terrific too!)