Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

Cade was lucky enough to get to go to Preschool on Valentine's day.  He was so excited to go into school that day for his fun Party!  He couldn't wait to hand out his Valentine's.


I don't know Connor's reason for making this face.  I was trying to get a picture in his Valentine's outfit, and this is what I came up w/.

While Cade was at school, Connor and I did some last minute grocery shopping.  We had been driving my in-laws Land Rover, they left at our house to sale, for a while b/c my battery in my car was dead.  So, on our way back to pick Cade up the Land Rover just died and I was forced to park it in a little gravel parking lot (which ended up being private property) and it refused to start back up!  I didn't know what to do!  It was just starting to snow and we were not dressed for it.  But, while we walked the few blocks to pick Cade up I tried to get ahold of someone who could pick us up.  Finally I was able to get ahold of my friend Amy who was nice enough to come all the way to pick us up, she even brough gasoline from my garage, just incase that was the problem (which it wasn't).  She picked us up at Cade's school then took us back to the car, got our stuff and took us home.  Anyways, this is a picture of my boys w/ her son, Chandler.  They thought it was pretty cool to ride together.  Thanks so much Amy!  You were a huge lifesaver!

**Oh the next day my inlaws got a call telling them their Land Rover had been abandoned on Private Proberty and they were going to tow it if it wasn't moved.  I was babysitting a few kids at the time so my friend Kychelle was nice enough to come over and watch my kids along w/ the others so I could take care of it (thanks so much!!).  It ended up that I still couldn't get it started so AAA came and towed it to a shop which fixed the old fuel pump and gas gage.  I think that was it.  But, the good news is, it is now running great and has been recently sold!

This was the boy's Valentine's lunch, they loved it!  Complete w/ a PB&J heart sandwich, heart shaped strawberries, grapes and candy hearts in mini red cupcake liners.  This was all thanks to a few ideas I found on Pinterest.



I felt like all I did Valentine's day was shop, clean and cook!  But this is what I came up w/...our first ever fully decked out Valentine's day table.  We decided to just stay in that evening and I'd cook a special meal.  (We had just gotten home from TN, we had been eating out all we wanted, we didn't feel like it was something we needed.)

Dinner included Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan, Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls, a green salad and heart shaped strawberries.

The boys ate pretty much everything in front of them. In fact, I think Cade actually out ate Connor for the first time!

And for dessert? I made Cheesecake bars topped w/ fresh strawberries! Yum!

Cameron brought me home these beautiful tulips and a really sweet card!  The boys gave Daddy the alligator card and the other one was to Cam from me :)
Aren't they beautiful?!

We had a wonderful Valentine's day! 

No comments: