Friday, March 18, 2011

The Bench...

Remember this?

Well it went from this...

 
To this (I painted Wed. and yesterday)...

Then I sanded and then....

It went to this after Staining!!  My friend Annie had to teach me how to stain, I had never done it before, I'm learning so much from her!  Thanks again Annie!  (I took it to the street b/c my driveway was in one big shadow from my house.)  We stained last night and I finished it up this morning.





The spot in my house I decided to put it.  It's actually a darker orange than the picture it showing it to be.

I also went out and got baskets this morning to put under it!  I needed a place to put diapers and wet wipes, these do great!

6 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

The baskets are PERFECT! What a great finishing touch.

Janel said...

Someday when we actually have a house, I'm going to be calling you to help me out with this kind of stuff.

I like how you used it for storage. You can never have enough storage, especially with kids.

Katie said...

Britt it turned out awesome!! Good call on the baskets.. makes it even better! I love it!

Jenny said...

Awesome!!! I love it!

Erin said...

I am dreaming and scheming about a bench or two right now. The baskets fit nicely. Did you make this bench?

Brittany said...

Yes, actually I did make this! A few of my friends got together and each of us made a bench! I painted it on my own though. Here's the link on my blog from when we made the bench http://brittanyandcameron.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-benches-and-frames.html