Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Birthday Weekend...

So, I'm calling it my "Birthday weekend" b/c we celebrated it ALL weekend! It was so fun. I think it just feels like my birthday whenever Independence Day is celebrated, and that was Saturday, Sunday and Monday! I had a wonderful birthday, even though I am officially closer to 30 than 20 now. I must say, I've never had a hard time w/ a birthday until now...being 26 is so weird to me!
Saturday, July 3rd
Earlier in the day we had a neighborhood party, we decided to go for an hour, it was full of blow up obstical courses, a water slide, carnival games and food. All this was free to the residents of our neighborhood. We had a good ol' time, especially Cade.
Later we went to the Long's for their annual 4th of July party (on the 3rd) and watch Fireworks at the golf course up the street from their house. We always dress in our red, white and blue. Here are the boys dressed in the outfits from their b-days. I thought it was a perfect fit for the occasion.
Our family waiting for the fireworks to start.

Connor was perfectly content sitting in his seat, at least for a little while, so we just let him be.


Cade was very entertained by the glow sticks.

Sunday, July 4th!!
I did not look forward to my actual birthday day b/c it fell on a Sunday this year. I really look forward to going out to dinner and just doing what ever I want. But, it turned out so fun! After church, and me having to teach a lesson to ALL the young women, I got to go home to the kids already fed and in bed. Cameron had taken the boys home a little early (they were so cranky due to staying up so late for the fireworks the night before), it was so nice to just get to come home and go straight down for a nap myself. After naps, we went to the Long's and had a yummy dinner of ribs and several sides, it was delicious! Then we had my birthday cake, which was a Boston Cream Pie, yum.

Then of course presents. Nancy and Steve put together a sewing starter kit!! Which I'm very excited about!

And, Cameron....he just really spoiled me this year! I couldn't believe everything he gave me. He's just so great. He ordered a Chi for me too (that's what the paper is saying)!! Oh, have I mentioned I love fireworks?

After presents we went outside and did a few small fireworks. Cade LOVED the poppers, he just kept doing one after another. I did not want to go home b/c the one thing I was not looking forward to was a boring evening at home w/ nothing to do b/c it was a Sunday. But, Cameron surprised me w/ inviting our friends Lindsey and Joe over for games! So, we got to play games all night, until like 1 am! So fun! I had a wonderful birthday, thanks Cam, Steve and Nancy!

Monday, July 5th...
we went to a fun outdoor pool. The kids liked the "big bathtub" but wanted to hang on me and Cameron the whole time.

Later that night (I'm so mad I forgot my camera!) we got a babysitter and Cameron took me out for my b-day dinner and a movie. We went to Joe's Crab Shack, which was amazing!!! I love every bit of it, I guess I could have done w/o the sausage though.... Then Cameron let me choose the movie, so we went to Eclipse!!! He's never seen any of the movies before, so he was a little lost, but I enjoyed it. Of course the books are always better.
This birthday was such a fun one, even though I turned 26, I had a great time. Thank you so much for making it so special Cameron! I love you!

6 comments:

Olga Marquez said...

Happy Birthday!

What a fun weekend!

Erin + Geoff said...

wow, you really did have a whole weekend of birthday events! Sorry we missed it.. one of these summers we'll be around to celebrate with you! I love how spoiled you got by cameron.. what a guy!

Janel said...

Happy Birthday Britt! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday. Good job on spoiling Brittany. Which I could've been there to celebrate. Brittany I almost ordered that exact swim suit...we could've been twiners. It looks cute on you. Love ya! Have fun with your fam.

hfaanunu said...

Happy Birthday Brittany!! It's so great to be able to stay in touch via blogs! You look so amazing for having had two handsome boys!! We are so happy for you guys!

Елена said...

wonderfull family. Good blog.

Belle said...

Discovered you hitting the next blog botton !!

My son is a 4th jully baby, so I think you are awesome hi hi hi

Your blog is great you have a new fan ;) would be nice if you took time visiting mine !!