Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Father's Day

I know it has been a while but, June 20th we celebrated Father's Day. I was not very good at taking pictures, I'm so mad! I forgot to take a picture of the boys w/ Cameron and w/ their Papa Steve. This Father's Day was the first I was not just getting home from the hospital after having a baby. So, I thought I'd try to make it a little more special for Cameron this year.
I ordered this tackle bag from Cabela's for Cam's fly fishing gear, and just couldn't wait another day to give it to him. I ended up giving it to him Saturday, the day before. He was very excited, but I was disappointed b/c it wasn't exactly the bag he wanted. But, that's ok, he went back a few days later and exchanged it. I guess the one he wanted has holes in the bottom for his waders to air out in and this one didn't. We also gave him a Fly Fishing A-Z book, a grill cook book, and a couple of picture books about Daddy's (all from Seagull book for really cheap).

I also made him a Kneader's Bakery recipe for peach french toast. It was yummy!

Here is the finished product.

I let Cameron sleep in a little bit while I got breakfast ready and the boys fed. Later the boys and I gave him breakfast in bed. After church and naps we went over to the Long's and celebrated w/ them. We had a wonderful day celebrating our dad's and my wonderful husband Cameron. He is such a wonderful dad and the boys love him soo much!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Dang! You sure know how to make breakfast! Cookies and everything. Love it! I had no idea Cam was interested in fly fishing. Looks like he had an awesome Father's day. Love you both!

Janel said...

What a good little wife you are. I love the cookies! I love all the pictures of your boys below you always get cute pictures of your kids doing cute things! Love ya girl! Oh yea, I am a totally bad friend I didn't call you on your birthday. I will call you sometime this week. Please forgive me, and I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday.