Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pre-birth Story

Having a 3rd child honestly has been a lot harder on me than I expected.  I feel like it takes me so much longer to get anything done, and this, by far, has been the longest it took me to do a blog post on my child's birth!  Let's see how much I get done in blogging tonight ;) 

Before I get started into the birth story, I thought I'd update on the adventures I had before actually giving birth.
 
As mentioned in a previous post, I started having very consistent contractions on Sunday, October 21st and went into the hospital that night.  They hooked me up to monitors and later gave me pills to slow down my contractions and pain killers and sent me on my way at 1:15 AM.  If you want to read in detail more about that night scroll down to an earlier post. 


36 weeks (9 mths) Nov 4th


37 weeks, Nov 11th

I went to the hospital 2 more times where they both sent me home.  I think we went in Sunday, November 11th and late Tuesday, November 13th.  Both times we went home in the middle of the night w/ pain meds.  The last time they sent me home I seriously balled, I couldn't control myself.  I was sick of being pregnant, sick of being semi-bedridden, sick of the lack of sleep, sick of feeling bad for poor Cameron having to go into work after no sleep and sick of feeling sick.  I just wanted this little man out of me!  Oh, and I felt horrible that I kept making my sister-in-law, Erin, come late at night to stay w/ the kiddos. 
 


There's something about Sundays that would just bring on major, and consistent contractions.  The next Sunday, November 18th, brought them on, every 5-7 minutes.  I was too scared to go to the hospital again b/c I couldn't stand the idea of being sent home again.  Our friends, the Sullivans, even came over that evening and brought dinner.  We had a great night hanging out w/ eachother, interrupted by regular contractions.  They were a little worried, but I assured them I was fine.  After they left I decided to follow some friends ideas of how to speed up contractions.  The major one that helped was pumping, weird right?  It was so strange doing that w/o a baby, but I was desperate by this point.  And no more than 30 minutes of pumping I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes.  I decided to wait another hour after pumping to see if they continued, and they did!  So I called my poor, wonderful, sister-in-law up and told her to get ready to come over.  She came over around 10:30 or so and we got last minute preparations done and headed out.  We arrived at the hospital at 11:35 pm.  Here's where I'll go into another post...just for the birth story, so stay tuned!


November 18th, 38 weeks 3 days

No comments: