Thursday, July 5, 2012

Evening 4th of July & Birthday Celebrations

After our morning celebrations we headed to the Long's rental cabin in Park City to have dinner and watch fireworks.

My wonderful mother-in-law, Nancy, even made me one of my favorites birthday cakes, mint ice cream cake.

That's right!  I'm 28!

After our dinner consisting of steak and tons of yummy sides and salads we headed to Salt Lake City to watch fireworks.  (The Park City fireworks had been canceled due to all the wildfires throughout the area.)

All the in-laws and cousins who went, minus the grandparents.  Lisa and her kids (Mason, Ellie and Cassidy), Erin and Geoff w/ Cora and us.


Cade w/ cousin Mason.

Steve and Nancy w/ the grandchildren.




Connor kept punching at the sky during the fireworks and making a smashing sound.  When asked he said he was popping the fireworks.  What a silly kid.

Cade trying to get closer to the fireworks.  After fireworks my family headed back to the Long's cabin and stayed the night w/ them.  Nancy let me sleep in and took care of the kids until I got up (Cameron had to work).  Later Steve watched the kids while Nancy and I went to the Outlet mall and did shopping.  She was so nice to get me a few items from Motherhood Maternity.  We had lots of fun!

OH!!  I can't end w/o sharing my birthday gift from Cameron.  I was totally surprised and had no idea what he was getting me.  I opened up my b-day card and out came Wicked tickets!!!  That's right, Wicked!  I have been wanting to see this musical since forever, and he finally surprised me w/ tickets!  Woo hoo!!  I had to wait a month to take advantage of my present, but well worth the wait. :)

Overall I had a crazy busy day, but so much fun!  Another great birthday come and gone.  Can't wait to see what this next year has in store for me.

No comments: